And suddenly, a dash of thunder jolted down, causing Mark to snap out of his thoughts.

"Mark...? Whatchu' doing over there?" I questioned him as I closed the door behind me. "You were taking a while. I thought you must've gotten lost in my... small bedroom... What are you doing, Mark?"

Mark ignored my question. "You wrote these?" He asked, not holding my paintings anymore but now the notes of song lyrics I had torn from my book.

I shifted my glance all around the room, avoiding his stare. "They're just these stupid songs I wrote. Nothing important."

Mark's face lighted up, "What are you talking about? These lyrics are-"

"Concerning?" I shot him a look.

"-Beautiful, Y/n. I was going to say beautiful." He corrected. I felt my face heat up at his words.

"Do you mind telling me what some of these songs are about?" He voiced, sitting down and getting comfortable in my desk chair.

I crossed my arms over my chest and averted my gaze from his, "Do you hear Taehyung calling us-"

"Y/n..." He pleaded, giving me puppy-dog eyes.

I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, "Cheezus, fine."

He responded to me with a 'Yes!' in victory, and I can't help but smile to myself.

The night progressed with him asking me meanings on specific lyrics and me replying to them shortly. Although his annoyingness was enough to break and swoon me, I was sure enough to not let anything too personal slip out.

"What about this? Oh my god, yes. Say oh my god ye-" He falsely sung the lyrics.

I snatched the paper out of his hands, cutting him off. "This was honestly the first song I ever wrote. I actually really like it, no matter how judgy you sound singing it." I marked, glaring at him.

He lifted both hands in the air in surrender, "I wasn't judging," He stated, grinning. My eyes rolled at him.

He searched through the rest of the papers when his eyes widened. "Oh- This song sounds interesting."

My stomach turned in panic. I've written a lot of interesting songs in my day. I just don't know which one he's talking about.

"There is an indentation in the shape of you. Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo-"

"Yah!" I shouted at him, my face turning red.

Mark just gave me a long laugh in response. My embarrassment, clearly amusing to him.

After he asked me a few more questions and was satisfied with my answers, we managed to switch the conversation to our lives outside of tonight.

We talked about our families. Told each other childhood stories, bad love experiences.

Mark's gaze turned to the framed photo of My family and me on my bedside table. He stood up from the chair he was sitting on and walked over to the picture.

He held the photo in his hands, "I still can't believe these people are related to you." He admitted, talking about Namjoon, Yoongi, Minho, and Ji-Eun.

I shoved a pillow to my face as I lay down. "I'm guessing you hear that a lot." He laughed out, sensing my annoyance.

I blew a raspberry, "It's hard sometimes, you know?"

He sat down beside me on the bed and played with my hair in his fingers, "Because they're still you're family? I get how brothers can be annoying at times. I mean, I don't have any brothers, but I do have NCT-"

I removed the pillow from my face and stared at the ceiling, "Not that," I told him.

He focused his eyes on my face, "Then why?"

I stayed quiet. Not wanting to speak any longer. Not wanting to meet another person who'll just respond with another apology.

"Look at me, Y/n." I gulped as my eyes met his. "You don't... have to be so closed around me." He said assuringly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. 'Closed? We just met yesterday.' But at the same time, it's not like he was a stranger to me at the moment. It was me, struggling to open up to another person, as always.

I opened my mouth, but no words would come out. Still hesitant to speak.

"What are you guys- Oh," Jaemin cut himself off as he walked into my room and saw Mark and me talking.

"...Are you guys gonna get back here? I'm pretty sure Taehyung fell asleep already." He continued, looking back at Taehyung, who was resting his head on the coffee table.

Mark and I looked at each other, hesitant to leave each other's company. I sat up and searched for the clock in my room. 2.20 AM.

"Oh- Yeah. Let's go, Mark." I smiled at him before heading out the door. Oh, thank God.

Mark sighed and took his place on the couch beside me, Jaemin following not far behind him.

The movie we were watching was long over by now. Jaemin had chosen a different film when Mark and I weren't in the room.

And sooner or later, my eyes dropped just as my head did on his shoulder. Accident or not. I want to believe that the guy beside me is someone I can trust, even if I'll regret it later on.

-end of chapter 9

(A/n: sorry if there r a few mistakes! I dont even wanna double check because of how long it took me to write this. have a good day yall!

Song 1 mentioned: Vivid by HeeJin Loona (stan Loona hello)

Song 2 mentioned: Dress by Taylor Swift (my lifeline))