Chapter 8

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha knew what needed to be done. He needed to send Kagome back to her own time.

He knew he should do the same for Y/n, but she had barely woken up from her own injuries and sending her down the well was sure to re-open them. She'd just have to stay for now.

Your POV

You groaned, eyes fluttering open. Your head pounded, and every part of you ached.

Struggling, you managed to get yourself to sit up straight. You held your head in your hands, still in a great deal of pain.

"How you feeling kid?" You heard Inuyasha ask, to which you replied with another groan of pain. Inuyasha huffed before glancing away, but you saw his eyes flash... Was that guilt? You weren't sure. He turned away before you could properly tell.

"Are you feeling better, Inuyasha?" You murmured, glancing at the silver-haired male.

"I'm fine. You aren't though," he stated, turning back to look at you. "Look kid, what you did was brave... But it was also pretty stupid. Sesshomaru's a lot stronger than you. I thought you figured that out the last time," he growled, narrowing his eyes.

"I know," you sighed. "I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt and I did nothing to help."

"You're lucky to be alive at all!" He yelled, making you flinch. He sighed, calming himself down.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," he murmured, his gaze softening slightly. "But I wouldn't be able to think correctly if you ended up dying. Plus, you and I both know how mortified Kagome would be."

"I know," you huffed, smirking. "I bet she didn't react well to me getting injured either."

"No, she didn't."

"What'd she do? Tell Sesshomaru to go sit in the corner?" You giggled, lightening up the mood.

Inuyasha snorted. "If she did I bet Sesshomaru would've been confused and told her there was no corner to sit in!" He exclaimed, smirking.

"What are ye two talking about?" Kaede suddenly asked, closely followed by Kagome, Miroku and Shippo.

You glanced at Inuyasha before replying with, "Nothing important."

(Some time later)

You watched as Kagome left with Inuyasha, Kaede holding you back so she could apply fresh bandages to your wounds.

You wished you could go with them, but, seeing as Miroku and Shippo were following them, you figured you could just ask them when they got back.

"Inuyasha informed ye that ye shouldn't have jumped in to fight, yes?" Kaede asked, wrapping the bandages around your torso.

"Yes," you huffed. "And don't tell me it was a stupid idea, I already know that," you murmured, wincing as the bandages fell over your wound.

"Aye child. It'd be better for ye to stay here until those wounds fully heal. No point in traveling and just having them re-open," Kaede explained, sitting back.

You looked over your shoulder at her, about to complain. However, you thought better of it when seeing her fierce gaze.

"When do you think they'll be fully healed?" You asked, looking away.

"Quite some time, child. But if ye take it easy and get plenty of rest it won't take longer than necessary," Kaede replied.

You huffed, but no more words were exchanged between the two of you.

(Some more time later)

"What?!" You yelled, ticked off. Inuyasha replied with a huff while Miroku and Shippo hung back.

"Why did you send Kagome back?!" You fumed, glaring at the half-demon.

"Look, I had to! It was the best thing for her!" Inuyasha snapped back.

"Oh, so you think Kagome can't take care of herself is that it?" You sneered, startling him along with Miroku and Shippo.

"It's not-!" Inuyasha paused with a sigh. "It's not that. Look how injured you got, and you know a lot more about fighting than Kagome does. Imagine if she met up with Sesshomaru or Naraku and neither of us were there," he huffed.

You growled, but said no more. He was right. But that didn't mean you had to like it.

Naraku's POV

Kagome was gone, and Inuyasha was injured.

Naraku hid in a tree, watching Royakan with a smirk. Things were going his way, and were only going to get better...