Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The Sorenson house was full of holiday cheer but none of it could break through Warren walls of gloom. Though he put on a good face to not draw suspicion. Warren was normally a fan of Christmas but normally Kendra wasn't being controlled by an evil, warped version of herself who had a liking for high heeled boots.

Vanessa had taken the news about Kendra well, she went straight into thinking of ways to fix it. But that didn't mean she didn't glare at Warren everytime he tried to make a joke to break the tension. Warren watched Sadie sit on the couch with Kendra's dad, if he didn't think about it he could pretend it was actually Kendra sitting there.

"Warren, do you want some hot chocolate?" Vanessa asked.
That's the signal, time to go.

Yes, a very cool signal. But at least it's not Seth bursting into Christmas carols.

"No, thank you." He said, as Seth passed him on his way to Stan's office. "Hey Kendra, can I talk to you for a minute?" Warren asked.

"Sure, Warren."
It was Warren's job to lead Sadie into Stan's office.

"Why are we going to Grandpa's study?" Sadie asked.

"I have a surprise for you."
Warren opened the door and let Sadie enter first, she looked back and forth and saw Seth standing behind the desk, then turned back to face Warren.

"Where's the surprise?" She asked with a confused laugh.

Warren stepped into the room and closed the door to reveal Bracken, who was standing behind it. Sadie looked as if somebody had hit her in the face.

"How?" She asked, instantly looking ready to fight.

Then Mizelle dropped whatever spell had been concealing her, "Surprised?" Mizelle asked, from behind Sadie. Making her turn around like a wip to face Mizelle who blasted her in the face with magic making Sadie drop to the floor unconscious.

There was quite a bit of commotion as Warren carried Sadie through the living room and into the dungeon, but Vanessa was on damage control, filling everyone in on what happened.

Warren sat Sadie down on the bed of the cell they had picked out for her.

"Step out for a moment please." Mizelle said. She also left the cell and stood in front of the door raising her hands and mumbling a few words in a strange language. There was a flash of bright light that lingered over the door so that Warren could actually see the berrier Mizelle had made.

"There, now there's no way of her getting out."
Now we wait." Warren said.

"Now wait." Mizelle repeated.

~~~

Author's note: And unfortunately now you wait. I really wanted to get this finished by Christmas but in order for this story to have the ending I want I'm going to give myself more time. I want this to be something I can look back on and be proud of and I want you guys to enjoy it, so in order to do it justice you're going to have to wait. :((( But I promise it WILL be worth the wait.