7. Carols Chaos

I wore my black leggings, a white one shoulder sweater, a moccasin with fur, and a knit beanie whilst I played my guitar, singing under the Christmas tree which we both put up. "It's the most beautiful time of the year, lights fill the streets spreadin' so much cheer, I should be playin' in the winter snow but I'ma be under the mistletoe." It was one of my favorite Christmas songs entitled 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒐𝒆 by Justin Bieber. Whilst she was still asleep, I took this time to fall in love again with my passion.

"Wow! I didn't know you're that talented, stranger!" She came out of the room, fresh from the bath, wearing her gray turtleneck sweater, red and black plaid pants, a faux fur home shoes, and a slouchy beanie. Combing her wet hair, she was flabbergasted at watching me sing with a guitar and that made me surprised too, stopping myself from strumming and plucking the guitar strings. I looked away, trying to calm my breathing as she wrapped her infinity scarf around her neck.

"Hey, don't be shy. You have a strong and powerful voice, I'm telling you! The way you play your guitar is so incredible."

"Well, my singing voice makes me feel sentimental." I confessed, bowing my head, and putting up my hair curtain to the side of my face just so I could block my face and hide it from her. I didn't want her to see my rosy cheeks.

"And it makes me feel things." She lightly walked towards me and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Sing for me, please."

Amazed at how she wanted me to sing, I pressed on, looking at her sitting across me. "I don't wanna miss out on the holiday, but I can't stop starin' at your face, I should be playin' in the winter snow but I'ma be under the mistletoe, with you . . ."

Whilst I was singing my heart out, she held our gaze with so much depth that even I couldn't fathom, and I had no plans on taking my eyes off hers. "Aye love, the wise men followed the star the way I followed my heart, and it led me to a miracle."

I wanted to sing for her even more, and whisper in her ears the most beautiful things that she always made my heart feel. It was a serious moment, until she extended her arm towards me as she gripped her hair comb, asking me to sing on her microphone-like comb. I giggled between my breaths, singing joyfully. "Kiss me underneath the mistletoe, show me baby that you love me so."

When I finished singing, she pretended like she was a reporter speaking on her microphone, I meant, comb, and asking me some questions as if she was interviewing a singer who just debuted her solo. "So, miss, why do you think people kiss underneath the mistletoe?" We both laughed it off. Kidding aside, she put her hair comb down and reiterated her interrogation. Seemed like she really wanted to know, huh? Haha!

"Okay, so let me tell you a story." I placed the guitar on my lap as I sat across her properly whilst she propped her cheek in her palm, facing me and making a direct eye contact. There she was again, looking like a little kid who was excited to hear some bedtime stories.

"According to the myth, Balder was one of the most favorite gods for he was generous, joyful, and courageous during his time. And because he was perfect and praised by many, Loki, a cunning trickster felt jealous of him." She was nodding her head and doing some "uh-huh" to express how attentive she was whilst listening to me. "Thus, Loki deceived and manipulated Balder's blind brother named Hod into taking the mistletoe to hurl the branch at Balder until it struck him and pierced him through."

"Why mistletoe?" She furrowed her eyebrows and pushed her lips forward.

"Loki disguised himself as a woman to trick the mother of Balder, Frigg, into revealing his son's only weakness, which was the mistletoe." I watched how her jaw went slackening, but then her expression turned into pulling her lips downwards, feeling sad about Balder's death as she mouthed "oh no!"