06. In Which Persephone Becomes Friends With A Fugitive

Start from the beginning

"That's the thing, Stiles! It was a coincidence. But you shouldn't have even thought that it was me. Have I ever tried to hurt you? Scott? Lydia? Anyone? No." I screamed at him as I finally turned around and faced him.

"No." He answered. "But no one has ever turned into some sort of freaking zombie whenever they look into a mirror, either."

Stiles eyes widen as he realized he said that out loud. I turn around again and begin walking down the street with tears blurring my vision. "That was a low blow, god I'm sorry. Will you just please let me drive you to the freaking hospital so I can know that you are okay." The buzzed cut haired boy pleads to me. I kept walking.

"Persephone, stop!" He calls out again.

"Why should I! I'm just a freak! Even if I didn't kill Isaac's dad, that doesn't change that I am a freak, Stiles! You saw me, you all saw me in that mirror, I'm not normal and I never will be, so maybe you should just leave me alone."

"Are you listening to yourself right now? Do you understand who you are talking to? The guy that stole a bloody gown from a hospital? Yeah, the guy that is best friends with a werewolf? Yeah, a werewolf! Scotty, and Derek and Isaac and Erica. Werewolves. All of them. And Lydia? We don't know yet but she's something. Allison? A hunter, her whole family. Jackson? Who even knows what the hell his deal is. We are all freaks! All of us, total weirdos, and that's why it works! That's why we all became friends with you so easily, because of the fact that you know what it's like to not be normal."

Stiles made me face him as his hands grabbed my tear soaked face. "That feeling you have? Of being different? We all have it, and one day you will realize that it isnt as bad as it seems."

I started to cry into his shoulder, not wanting to be alone. I'd rather be sad than empty.

"Werewolves?" I asked him. "That's what you were hiding from me?"

Stiles laughed at me and nodded his head. "Scott got bit a while ago, I guess you can say that's when everything went downhill."

"Do you turn into anything?" I asked him in a awful attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah." He told me with a wink. "An abominal snowman."

I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder. "Does that punch mean you forgive me for being a total asshole?" He asks.

"Yeah, I guess it does, but I still want to walk. Clear my head." I reply.

"You just learned that werewolves exist, and you want to walk alone still?" He asks in disbelief.

"I'll go with her." A voice answers his question. A blue eyed curly haired boy that goes by the name Isaac Lahey comes into view.

"Yeah...that's not going to happen." Stiles says in a statement that flat out tells everyone that Stiles doesn't like Isaac. Isaacs eyes start to glow a beautiful golden color. They seem to look like mine, but on him it doesn't seem evil and gross, it almost seems like safety.

"I think me going with her is better than her going alone, don't you think?" He told Stiles with a tilt of his head. Stiles gives him his best I-know-that-you-are-evil look before sighing in defeat.

"Fine Fine, but only because you still kind of scare me." I scoff at his reply and start walking so I can get my shoulder stiched back up before I bleed to death.

The next ten minutes is spent walking in awkward silence. I can't stop myself from ocassionally glancing at Isaac, at his sharp jawline, and his smooth blemishless skin, the carmel curls on his head, his dark eyelashes that encase his blue eyes. Or in other words, looking at a very enticing beautiful person that I can't figure out.