Chapter 1

"Peter, come here," Uncle Richard summoned Peter.
"You are going to stay with that man Uncle Ben for a little while," Richard explained to Peter while holding his hand.
"I wanna go with you," Peter insisted. Richard just kissed him on the forehead.

Aunt Mary told Mum that Peter doesn't like crust in his sandwiches and he likes to sleep with a little light at night. Afterward, they left, and we never saw them again.

"Maria! Wake up we are going to be late for you and Peter's graduation!" Mum yelled through my door.

I lay in bed complaining for a few minutes before finally getting out of bed. 

I got out of the bathroom straightened my shirt and made my way to the kitchen to see what mum made for breakfast.

"Scrambled eggs are your favorite, right?" Mum said while placing the plate on the table and giving me a forehead kiss.

"Thanks, Mum and where's Peter?"

"He went on early, said "he needed to rehearse." Lie. I knew that Peter was Spider-Man and that he left to go on another mission.

Not only do I know that Peter is Spider-Man, but Peter also knows that I was bitten by a radioactive snake that day when we were following Dr. Connors into one of the labs and that he got bitten by one of the radioactive spiders that his father created. That's how he became Spider-Man I guess.

I help him once in a while with his missions, but not publicly. It's too risky. I have snake-like senses and he has spider-like senses, but I barely help on his missions unless it's urgent. 

*time skip to graduation*

I was sitting next to Gwen and she turned to me, "Have you seen Peter?"

"He said he needed to rehearse, if you know you know," I answered raising eyebrows indicating what I meant and Gwen just nodded in response signaling she knew what I meant.

Then, Gwen pulled out her phone to call Peter I suppose. I saw her dialing Peter's number. Ha! I was right.

"Your timing is terrible it started already," Gwen said on the phone.
"Where are you?"

I can sense that she's worried about Peter.

"Are those sirens? Peter. Peter. Peter. What's happening? Peter. Hello. Peter. Pe-"
Then he hung up.

"Is he okay?" I asked Gwen.
"Yeah, it looks like he's going to be-" Gwen was interrupted by one of the administrators.

"....this year's valedictorian, please welcome Gwen Stacy."

Everyone started applauding Gwen as she started to make her way to the stage.

"Good Morning, esteemed faculty and families of my fellow graduates. It's an honor to be standing up here today. I know we all think that we're immortal, we're supposed to feel that way. We're graduating, but like our three, or four years in high school what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it precious is that it ends. I know that now more than ever and I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life, make yours count something. Fight for what matters to you no matter what. Because even if we fall short, what better way is there to live?"

Gwen stepped aside from the microphone for the administrator to call for other graduates to collect their diplomas.

"Michael Oates. Julia Orchard-Heymans. Alexis Ortiz. Bo Parisi. Peter Parker. Peter Pa-" Then Peter showed up on stage. He mumbled "Thank You" to the administrator, then turned to Gwen and kissed her.

After the graduation ceremony, I and Peter ran in Mum's direction.

All of us exchanged a tight group hug. "Peter, for Lord's sake, I almost stole a cap and a gown to run up there myself," Mum joked.

"I'd love to have seen that. That would've been awesome. No, no, this is for you," Peter took out his diploma to show Mum.

"I am so proud of you."
"You earned it."
"Sweetheart, I'm so proud of both of you," Mum said looking at me and Peter.
"I know the first thing Ben would say."
"Yeah, I know too," Peter said while taking off his gown. " 'You better hurry up, the party's over. You gotta get a job.' "
"No, no, alright. The second thing he would say is, "Don't just follow the path, make your own trail."
"Ralph Waldo Emerson," I playfully punched Peter on the arm laughing at his enthusiasm.
"No."
"What do you mean, no?" I asked Mum.
"Ben told me he made it up," Mum replied. I and Peter threw our heads back laughing.
"You two really did learn something here," Mum said motioning to our diplomas.

Peter and I put our arms around Mum, and I put our heads on her shoulder.

"I wish Ben could have been here."

"Yeah, me too"
"Me too," me and Peter answered at the same time.
"And my folks," Peter said meaning his parents.
"Yeah. Yeah."

"Perfect d... all right, you can go. Go on" Mum said after she noticed Peter looking at Gwen.
"Huh? Is that your program?"
"Okay, guys. Get together right now." Gwen, Peter, and I took our places for Mum to take our picture.
"A quick one. All right. Cheese," Mum said while positioning the camera.
"Cheese." We all said at the same time looking at the camera.
"Okay. I'll just be over here."
"Yeah, just give us two seconds. All right. Don't go too far," Peter said stepping away slowly.
"It's good to see you," Gwen said.

"Hey, did your um traffic jam have anything to do with the Russian Mob," Gwen said pulling out her phone to show the news article. "And machine guns by any chance?"

I gasped in surprise. "Could've said anything you know?" I scrunched my brows at him. Gwen gave me a look of agreement.

"What am I gonna do? You're about to do your speech." Then he turned to me. "And you Maria know our deal right? Only if it's urgent."

"And machine guns aren't urgent??" I raised my hands in defense. Then Gwen got in between.
"Hey, Peter. You coming to dim sum?"
"Can't keep me away."
I rolled my eyes. Gwen and Peter are adorable, but I can't stand being the third wheel.
"It's at 8:00. Don't be late."
"I won't be."
"Okay." Gwen gave Peter a kiss.
"And I'm gonna do my speech for you," and gave him another kiss.
"All night? I wanna hear it all night long."
"Okay, okay lovebirds. Can we get this over with? I'm starving." They laughed at my comment. Gwen gave Peter one last kiss before walking away.

I elbowed slightly Peter in the ribs. "You guys make me wanna jump off a cliff."
"Then just know that I wouldn't catch you," Peter retorted.
"Hey!" I  was about to smack him, but I noticed that Peter was staring in Gwen's direction lost in thought. I tried to see what he was staring at, but I couldn't make out what or who he was staring at.
"Earth to Peter," I snapped my fingers in front of his face, making him snap out of his thoughts.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"Nah, everything's good." I nodded at his response.
"Let's go find Aunt May." He linked his arm around my shoulders and started walking towards Mum. Deep down, I knew something was concerning him, but I don't want to be all up on his business.

We got home and I ate something and I sat in the living room with Mum watching TV, while Peter left to see Gwen.

"So, are planning to work somewhere?" Mum turned to me.
"I don't even know to be honest, but I know that I like science for sure."
"Then maybe you should see what Oscorp Corporations have to do about that. You know, where Peter's dad used to work a long time ago?"
"Yeah, yeah I'll go to check what they have for me there next thing in the morning."
"That's my girl," Mum replied kissing me on the forehead.