02 || Dress to Impress

Começar do início

"But-" Katniss begins, "No buts. Don't resist." He cuts her off.

A few minutes later the train halts to a stop and both girls look out the window to see thousands of people in colorful and wild outfits. Adults, children, and even the elderly were standing and waving at the train in excitement, the arrival of the tribute train was a big deal for them.

"Let's get you two cleaned up already! You're being presented today!" She says, "No one's gonna sponsor you looking like that Katniss, can you blame them?" She adds when she sees the look Katniss is giving her.

The prep room was dark, with dark black walls and a large curtain splitting people apart. There is a black marble hospital bed-like table and a metal cart full of supplies like tweezers, wax, scissors, and other supplies that could be used to completely change Eve's appearance.

She was ushered into the room and told to strip. "No." She said. "You have to. We have to see what we're working with." Missy said, her stylist had pale skin and bright green hair with matching diamonds placed on her eyelids and green makeup.

She was wearing a skin-tight green-scaled bodysuit and a pair of black heels, she looked amazing.

"I'm not really comfortable doing that," Eve said harshly. 

"You can leave your undergarments on if that makes you more comfortable. We won't judge you, Evelyn." Missy said comfortingly, the other stylist in the room nodding in agreement.

Eve looked between the two of her stylists for a moment before slowly dropping her pants and stepping out of them, pulling her shirt over her head. She picked up the clothes and folded them before handing them to the open hands of Smith, he was her second stylist. He had dark skin and bright pink hair with matching eyelashes and lips.

Eve sat on the marble counter with a sigh, the open wounds and old wounds on her back burning with each movement as she waited for the medics to come and stitch her up.

Katniss watched as a couple of medics rushed past her room and to the one next to her, Eve's, in confusion.

The medics took only 15 minutes to stitch up her recent wounds and to fix the old ones before placing a healing paste that would help it heal quickly, although it would scar. They also had her connected to an IV and told her to keep it in until the games, only taking it off when out of her apartment so she would be healthier for the games.

"I think we could use these, to make people see what you go through and why you deserve to win these games," Missy said as her eyes were distant, clearly imagining what kinds of dresses would work with it.

Eve thought it was a little rude to just exploit her pain like that, but she listened to what Haymitch had said and just nodded along with the ideas.

Eve got used to having to have an IV as the stylists did everything they needed to do like waxing her entire body, or at least the places they could, doing her eyebrows, tanning, and like five showers.

As the stylists leave to get Cinna, her and Katniss' main stylist she realizes she's being watched. The ceiling is made of glass which she hadn't noticed until now, and above her stood 15 gamekeepers watching her with interest as they sipped on different colored cocktails.

Eve covers herself quickly with a towel, pulling it tightly around herself. 

"How despicable we must seem to you." A man says as he walks in. He has dark skin and hair and brown eyes. His ears hold several earrings and he's wearing a simple dark shirt and pants, unlike the rest of the stylists she had seen.

"I'm Cinna, I'm going to be you and Katniss' stylist. Which means I'm here to help you survive. Are you hungry?" He said as he presses a button and a table comes from the floor with several food items. 

"I'm scared," Eve admits, not knowing why she had said that right after it came out.

"I know," Cinna says with a sincere smile, and Eve can already feel herself trusting this man, which scares her. "How'd you get stuck with District 12? I know all the stylists hate it." Eve asked.

"They lack imagination, Evelyn. I asked for District 12. I wanted a challenge, and not because I like those stupid coal miner outfits the tributes from twelve always get presented in. Right?" He says.

"I have an idea. But you're going to have to trust me... Are you afraid of fire?"

⚘⍋⚘⍋⚘⍋⚘

Eve was wearing a skin-tight coal-colored suit. The back dipped from her shoulder to the lower part of her back, showing the scars on her back that would supposedly make people 'interested in her'. Her hair was pulled up in a cool design topped with a black crown.

She has smoky makeup and deep red lipstick on, the black diamonds lining each eye that accentuated her bright green eyes and pale skin.

The chariots were large and were led by two huge horses. Eve stood in awe as she looked at them, their dark fur and long mains. She ran her hand across it as Katniss walked up behind her.

"You look amazing," Katniss commented. Eve turned to see Katniss wearing a similar outfit to hers, she also had a blackhead peace. 

"Same goes for you." She replied as the two stepped into the large chariot. Eve was grateful Katniss hadn't mentioned the marks on her back or wrists, but she could tell Katniss was tempted to.

"It's not real fire, of course. It's just some synthetic flames Portia and I came up with. I want them to remember you two. Click the button when you're ready."  He said before the chariot began moving.

There was a large boulevard with thousands upon thousands of people in the crowds watching as the twelve chariots came out in order from district one to twelve, meaning Katniss and Eve were last.

After a few seconds, the two finally got into the crowd, where loud gasps and whispers sounded and she could see people pointing at her back, wondering what had happened.

"Give me your hand," Eve whispered. 

"What why?" Katniss asked confused. Eve rolled her eyes and grabbed Katniss' hand and lifted it above their heads and pressed the button, flames engulfing their outfits, headpieces, and chariot.

The crowd went crazy, people were screaming and throwing roses at the two of them, yelling "Twelve! Twelve!" At the top of their lungs, she even saw a few people crying in glee.

She spotted Cinna, Effie, and Haymitch in the crowd, all with proud smiles on their faces. Well except for Haymitch, but he has a grin on his face which was the best you could get.

As Cinna lifted his hand in a thumbs up a real smile lifted onto Eve's face as she squeezed Katniss' hand.

She wasn't sure if it was her imagination, but she swore she felt Katniss do the same.