𝑸𝑼𝑨𝑻𝑻𝑶𝑹𝑫𝑰𝑪𝑰

Start from the beginning

Mortimer stood there dumbfounded with bruised lips before rushing out the door, just getting a glimpse of her as she turned the corner, "I'll get you back, Essie!" he shouted, waving his hand in the air.

"As if," she said, her musical laughter following.

Estelle sat down with a large smile on her face — making her friends turn to her expectantly. However, she didn't say anything and just reached for the bowl of yoghurt.

She looked up to see all of her court looking at her. She raised a brow, "Yes?"

Pansy scoffed, "Tell us what's gotten you in such a happy mood." Shaking her head with a mock angry look.

Estelle gasped as she dramatically fell into Blaise's lap, hands covering her face as she wailed, "The audacity to say such a thing! Can't I just be happy?"

None of her court said anything as she laid there, still in Blaise's lap. She turned and stared at them all; before Theo replied, "No, you're never happy – unless something amazing has happened. So, what happened?"

Estelle sat up with a huff and dug through her bag looking for a letter while muttering something along the lines of, "Can't I just be happy? This is why I don't like people." but they weren't all too sure.

She turned to face Blaise with a blinding smile before shoving the letter in his hand. "Send this to your mother, won't you, love?"

Pansy, who was drinking her orange juice, spat it out all over Draco and the rest all stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

The rest of Slytherin house, too, stopped what they were doing and eyed her warily. Wasn't she bad enough? Her answer: no.

Estelle shrugged her shoulders, "What?" she asked in a high-pitched voice as she knew exactly what.

Her court shrugged and went back to what they were doing, well – apart from Draco.

"Pansy!" he squawked, "My hair! My beautiful luscious hair, ruined! Ruined!" he dramatically stroked his orange juice covered hair while glaring daggers at Pansy.

Pansy started laughing hysterically, banging her hand on the table. "Y-You!" she pointed at him, unable to get the words out.

The rest snickered, while Estelle gave a big sigh, "Well there you have it, Ladies and Gents, this is what happens when a Black and Malfoy have an offspring; and as you can see – it's not pretty."

Daphne, who was beside her, hummed in agreement.

Estelle gave a conspicuous sigh from where she was sprawled out on the floor.

Tom, hearing her sigh, looked down at her in concealed amusement, "Don't get gritty with me, Potter, you chose to lie down on the floor and help me."

Estelle lifted her head to look at him, "I know," she whined, "but I didn't know you would be this boring." she surveyed him, "And it's Potter-Black."

He hummed, "My apologises, Potter-Black." he said sarcastically, not even looking at her.

"Why don't you just make a commotion while I go and get the stone?" suggest Estelle, looking at her nails.

He observed her with narrowed eyes, "How do I know you'll give it to me?"

Estelle stood up, crossed her arms, and scoffed, "I may be a bitch, but I'm a bitch of my word, Tommy."

"Fine, when then?" he asked, rolling his red eyes at her.

She smirked, eyes filled with mirth – at the audacity of what she was about to say, "Why, Halloween, of course."

'Just like last time.' She added silently.

Now, Estelle was making Potions with Severus in his personal lab with Mortimer draped around her neck.

She cut and sliced the ingredients; the way they were supposed to be, not thinking twice about it.

Neither she nor Mortimer saw Severus looking at them with a little suspicion. Ever since the duels, he had been watching her. Of course, before then, he wondered how she just showed up one day and suddenly knew everyone was under compulsions, but he always just pushed it away – she's his goddaughter for god sake!

He doesn't want to think of someone he considers a daughter to be in any sort of trouble, but he knew that was inevitable; she's a Potter and Black, trouble is their middle name.

She just seemed so... mature. As if she had witnessed all the horrors all life had to give. If only he knew.

Estelle looked up from her potion, and caught him staring at her. Giving him a small smile, she asked, "You okay, Uncle Sev?"

He shook himself from these thoughts; this is his goddaughter – she could do no wrong. "Yes, everything is fine, Ellie."

She eyed him and accepted his answer with a smile before continuing her potion.

If only he knew.

He cackled maniacally; as he looked at all his plans laid out in front of him.

She would soon be in his clutches, and nothing will stop him.

Nothing.

★★★

happy hanukkah, merry christmas or whatever you celebrate, little moons!

so... a little essie and morty moment 😏 hope you enjoyed that. there will be more to come.

and if you can't tell i'm doing with a small enemies to lovers with tom and estelle & mortimer. ;)

hope you enjoyed and happy reading!

-abi