~ 14 ~

Liliandil and I walked back to the table and she answered the crew's questions.

"Help yourselves," Liliandil offered, some of the men reached for the food.

"Wait," Edmund stopped them, "What happened to them?" He said, pointing at the three petrified Lords.

"These poor men were half-mad by the time they reached our shores," Liliandil started, and I walked over to Edmund, "They were threatening violence upon each other. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan," I caressed my hand up and down Ed's arm, seeing if he would shrug me off of something, "So they were sent to sleep."

Edmund smiled at me while the others were talking. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, "You know that I don't want anyone else but you, right?" I hugged him back tenderly, snuggling into his chest, "Besides, it seems that Caspian has his eyes on her."

I giggled and leaned up to kiss his jaw, "Come, there is little time," Liliandil interrupted, turning to me and smiling. She began to lead us through a small forest area, "The magician, Coriakin, told you of Dark Island?"

"Yes," Caspian responded, coming up next to her. I came up to her other side, Edmund standing by my other side.

"Before long, the evil will be unstoppable," Liliandil said, putting her hand on my back.

"Coriakin said to break its spell, we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table."

"He speaks the truth."

"But we only found six. Do you know where the seventh is?" I asked. She looked at me and then back at the Dark Island.

"In there," She pointed to the Island, and I swallowed a lump in my throat, "You will need great courage," Edmund looked at me, who was staring off into the distance, and pulled me closer.

The Island had that same green smoke I've seen when my friends were tempted, and it was black as ever. My breath became shaky as I heard voices coming from the Island. I bit my lip as tears were pooling in my eyes.

My thoughts were interrupted by Liliandil's gentle voice, "Luckily, Y/N will be here to expel the evil. Now, waste no time."

"I hope we meet again," Caspian said, looking her up and down. Liliandil smiled and said her goodbyes. She came up and hugged me before she changed into her star form and shot up to the sky.

...

The next morning, the boat and the people in it seemed to dim with color, along with the people's spirits. My stomach was wrenching at the fact that people were depending on me.

I let out a few tears thinking about the potential of losing someone, like a crew member, Caspian, Lucy, or Edmund. And it would be all my fault.

I bit my lip as a subconscious tear made its way down my face. Edmund noticed and slipped his hand out of mine to pull me into a hug, "So, what do you think is in there?" a minotaur asked.

"Our worst nightmares," Edmund answered.

"Our darkest wishes," Caspian added.

I turned my head out of Ed's chest to speak, "Anything," my shaky voice whispered. Lucy rubbed my back as Ed held me close.

"Tavros, unlock the armory," Drinian commanded the minotaur, "Archers, prepare yourselves!" He yelled, walking down the stairs.

Caspian began to walk behind him, stopping short, "Let's get ready."

I looked up at Edmund, not wanting to leave his side and he led us down to a spare room, "Go get your clothes and we'll both change in here," he commanded. I did as he said and went into Lucy and my room to grab some clothes.

I grabbed a yellow top with a cream undershirt and brown pants and went immediately back to the room Edmund took me to, feeling uneasy about the whole situation.

Edmund was already waiting for me, getting partially undressed. He pulled his shirt over his head, his freckled back adorned with bruises and small cuts. Deja vu.

I walked up to him, lightly running my fingers along his back while humming. He jerked at my touch but relaxed at my warm hands, "I love when you do that," He said deeply, turning around, and exposing his light abs to me.

I smirked and ran my hand down his chest and to his softly toned stomach. He blushed and pulled me closer.

"Does that make you feel better?" He asked, smirking.

"Slightly," I responded, leaning up to his face. I pecked his lips.

"Good," He responded, using a hand to grab my face and kiss me again. He started softly but kept getting rougher with each kiss.

I decided to tempt him by letting go of him to tug at the bottom of my shirt to try and get it off. He definitely agreed to the idea and broke off the kiss to help me. I locked eyes with his darkened ones.

He smiled and inspected my top half before roughly kissing me again. This was heaven.

He grazed his tongue on my lip and I let him in, our tongues swirling in perfect harmony. I let out a small moan when he pulled me closer.

He broke the kiss but still kept me close, "As much as I love this, we need to change," He said deeply, chuckling. I giggled.

"I suppose so."

...

Caspian called for Edmund and brought him into the captain's quarters, so I dragged myself to the front of the boat.

My eyes scanned the terrain and landed on the dark island that wasn't too far from us now. My heart sank and my eyes became heavy, already feeling tired.

I hummed, giving myself a way to launch myself onto the bow of the ship. A tender cloud appeared beneath me, sweeping me off my feet and carrying me to the nose of the dragon. I sat down and leaned back, trying to soothe my panic.

ED:

"In case we don't get through... whatever this is," Caspian started as he finished putting on his armor, "I want you to know I think of you as my brother, Ed."

I slipped my chest plate over my head and looked sincerely at Caspian, "Me too."

He walked around me to my side and latched up my chest plate as I fiddled with the cuffs of my sleeves, "You gave up your sword," He continued.

"It wasn't mine to keep."

"Use this," I turned around to see Caspian holding up my brother's sword.

"But it's-"

"Peter would want you to have it," I firmly took the sword, pausing before bringing it back to me.

Caspian smiled and nodded before heading to the door, "Caspian," I said softly, getting slightly choked up just thinking about it. Caspian turned and leaned on the doorway, "I know this isn't exactly the best time, but, would you happen to know where I could get... a ring?" I hesitated on the last few words.

Caspian smiled softly, knowing exactly what I wanted, "There's a fine jeweler on this ship right now."

I smiled and nodded before heading out the door with my basically-brother.