𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 SLEEP KIDNAPPING

ابدأ من البداية

Conner went to leave but was met with Dawn standing there. "Sorry." She apologized softly. "I didn't mean to interrupt." "Don't worry, you didn't." Maeve stated.

"Hey. It's not your fault." She said sternly towards Conner "I pulled the trigger. That's not on you" Maeve sniffled as tears built up in her eyes yet again, using her sleeve to wipe her eyes quickly, seeing Dawn was harder than Maeve had expected. They all lost a friend, but Dawn lost the love of her life. "But it was our job to save him" "It was our job to try. And we did." She released a shaky breath.

Dawn went to Conner and embraced in him a hug. "I want him back too" She cried. Maeve had been to the brink of tears from just seeing Dawn, but her words and actions caused a few to fall down her cheeks, but she wiped them away with her sweater paw. When she glanced towards the new person walking in the room her piecing blue eyes met his dark brown eyes, the older adult sent her a small reassuring smile, which she responded with a half-assed attempt of a smile, to focused on not crying again to send a proper smile his way.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Maeve came back she thought that after she'd attended Jason's funeral, she'd re-join the titans, start her life as someone who saves people again, enjoy her relationship with Garfield, maybe even go on a date, have some normalcy in between saving San Francisco. But that wasn't her reality and her simple little plan was ruined before it even began; Jason was alive, he'd attached a bomb to Hank, Dawn pulled the trigger that killed him, Maeve wouldn't say she blamed Dawn to her face, but deep down she blamed her, if she had just listened and stayed put Hank would have been saved.

Her simple little plan was now a distant dream at this point.

The blonde laid on Garfield's floor, contemplating, deeply lost in thought, her glowing yellow fingers instinctively rolling the stones that rolled over each other, creating a pattern. Her vacant expression staring past the stones that were mere centimetres above her face, the yellow glow around them threatening to draw her attention to them, sometimes she wondered if that was the reason a yellow aura similar to the one that came from within her covered whatever earth she was manipulating to keep her attention on them so she wouldn't be distracted.

"You still do that?" Suddenly to she was brought back to earth causing the stone to fall, but she quickly caught them, barely scraping her nose. Releasing a breath as she grabbed them, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

Maeve's eyebrows frowned as she noticed him grasping his arm in pain, his whole expression read pain, but he was trying to mask it. "What happened?" She asked standing up, leading him to sit on long seat that was at the end of the bed. "I was taking the pizza out of the oven and started cutting it up before Kory walked in. I asked if she wanted some and then she starting shooting fire at me and... burned me." "Why?" Maeve asked as she slowly removed Garfield's hand from the wound to get a better look. "I don't know, she- Ow!" He exclaimed as she tried to lift some of the burnt fabric up to look at the burn on his bicep.

Maeve sighed and stopped inspecting. "Take your shirt off, I'll get a first aid kit" She instructed and got up, leaving the green haired shapeshifter alone to take his shirt off, struggling a bit, but he managed, looking down at the wound he hissed silently as he saw it clearly. Maeve returned with the first aid kit, beginning to clean the burn and bandage it. It was silent between them during this time, besides the occasional noise that left Garfield and Maeve muttering an apology. When finished she looked towards him, noticing his hurt expression, not physically hurt, but emotionally. "Come on, I'll help you put a shirt on."