They both get in the elevator, and Mark stares at Jaemin from his side. He puts on a curious face, 'What's up with him today?'

SATURDAY NIGHT, MARCH 5 2016

-----------------------

"Jaemin! Are you there?! It's me, Y/n." I say as I knock at Jaemin's door.

The door swings open at my fifth knock, revealing a smiley Jaemin. He's wearing casual clothes I have not seen him in yet, light gray sweatpants and a plain white tee.

I light up a smile and pull up the plastic bags I hold in my hands, "I brought take-out!"

Jaemin smiles and pulls me by the hand inside, slightly startling me, and closes the door shut.

I scan the room and set the food down on the nearest table.

"I'm glad you're here, Y/n. I would've bored myself to death if you hadn't shown up." He tells me, searching through one of his drawers. For the game we're playing, I suppose.

I let out a laugh, "Well, I'm glad you invited me." I sit down on the couch in front of the tv.

Jaemin walks over and holds up the CDs in his hand, "Shall we?"

The night progresses quickly. I'm a fool for worrying that our hang-out would end up awkward earlier. Jaemin is someone that can easily make a situation comfortable and fun. I think he's gonna be someone I'll keep around, long-term friend-wise.

We sit on the floor of his room, cross-legged and facing each other, laughing as we eat the jjajangmyeon I had brought earlier.

"Yah! You have to let me hear you sing!" I plead.

"Nope. Never. In a million years. Not even when pigs fly." He objects, taking another chopstick full of his noodles.

"Is this what you're gonna be telling your fans too later on?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Touche," He tells me. "But later on, it'll be on a stage, in a stadium full of people. Right now, it's just you in my room. Maybe then you can hear me sing." He insists. I groan before shoving my noodles in my mouth.

"What about you, huh? When can I hear the angelic voice you claim to have," He comments.

I choke mid-chew, resulting in Jaemin widening his eyes in panic and handing me a glass of water. "Oh god, sorry." He apologizes.

I drink my water before answering his question, "First of all, It's alright, Jae." I assure him. "Second of all, I never claimed to have an angelic voice of any sort," I add. "And third of all, no."

"What? Why not?!" Jaemin whines.

"It's... actually been forever since I sang for anyone..." I admit.

"But you've performed in front of people, no?" He asks me.

"Well, yeah... I used to be a part of this band in my hometown-"

"WHAT?!" He cuts me off, shouting. "Y/n Kim, you secret superstar! Why do I not know about this! I thought I was your closest friend!"

I roll my eyes at him, "We met yesterday, dumbo. And you never asked!"

"Well, now you've got to show me pictures at the very least."

I glare at him for a while before giving in, "Fine." I say, pulling out my phone. "But you will take this with you to the grave."

He gives me a mock salute and takes my phone. It's opened on videos and photos of me singing, messing around backstage.

I stare at him as he watches the clips in awe. I have to admit, I miss it all a lot. The thrill of performing for other people (Even if it was just a tiny event my town held), practicing songs with my friends, writing songs in my old bedroom.

It was an experience I long to have again, an experience I can't give up on so quickly.

Jaemin's glance moves up to my mourning face. "You miss it, huh?" Is it that obvious?

"Yeah..." I confess. "But I'm fine, you know. I have a degree to worry about now."

Jaemin sets my phone down on the couch. "I'll tell you what, there's an open performance night going on tomorrow," He informs me. "What do you say we..."

I stare at him with wide eyes. I know what he's talking about: The Seoul Open Music night. Sunday night. People were free to perform and sing. Sometimes the hosts would even choose someone from the crowd to go up.

It was always held by a huge nearby lake in Seoul. The water would show colors as the songs played. The area itself was also stunning. Surrounded by museums and beautiful buildings. It was also almost always crowded.

"I'm not saying you have to perform! I just think we all should watch together!" He tries to convince me.

I turn my gaze towards the floor. 'That doesn't sound so bad...' I consider. 'Wait, 'we all'?'

"...By 'we all' I mean, maybe I could invite some of my other friends..." He says with Mark and the others in mind.

"Jaemin..." I warn him.

"Alright, alright. Just us, then." He gives in, raising his hands in defeat.

I give him a smile, "Just us." I repeat. I am totally inviting Taehyung.

-end of chapter 7

(A/n: WOAH hello everyone! this has been an ex tr a long chapter o wow. anyways! if my five readers are still with me on this story THANK YOU and HEY GIRL HEY how are you all? well, hopefully!)