7.

September 8th,1992

September 8th,1992.
- Author/Narrator
- Astoria.

she hugged her sister goodbye, as she walked out of her apartment complex.

way too happy to walk, she almost ran down the stairs to the first floor, met with the cold outside of New York.

"oh jeez, it's really cold" astoria shivered as she waited on the side of the road, the man that called to tell her she won called again this morning telling her that exactly around 10 am that a black limo will be waiting outside.

and well it was around 9:58 & she was still waiting. now letting fear take over her, she worried that it was all a big lie and that there was really no one coming to pick her up until her thoughts came to a halt.

hearing a car honk from the front of her, she lifted her head being met with a guy opening the backseat as she settled in letting him take her luggage.

"Oh shit" astoria mumbled as she looked around the luxurious vehicle, which had tinted windows and nice leather seats. everything in this car made her feel broke.

this was real, she was really about to be on a plane.

"uh sir, do you know if michael Jackson will be on that plane as well?" Astoria asked the driver as she laid her head back against the window.

"to my knowledge, yes he will, their on their way to New York now" and just like that She could feel like butterflies erupt in her stomach. nervousness slipping right under her skin.

3 hours later, at the airport.

There were so many cameras and people.
guessing they found out michael jackson was gonna' be here.

"right this way" the body guard led astoria through a different set of doors, She has never been to this part of an airport, it looks extremely nice and expensive.

and well there it was, a plane already landed with a set of stairs out to the ground.

"he should be on the plane already, and there's nothing to be nervous about" but that made her even more nervous as She brushed her hair over her shoulder and held a soft smile. She was fixated on the thought of her appearance and no she's not a narcissist but who wouldn't have that mind set while meeting the king of pop.

"Oh looks like she's made it" A short stubby man with his hair in a ponytail laughed and walked over to astoria, taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

she didn't know how to respond as her cheeks slowly heated up into a crimson red. It felt like she was a very important person meeting the president or something.

"here, he's in the private bedroom but I'll go get em' for you" he handed her a envelope before walking away boarding back onto the plane having her follow along.

the inside of the plane was even nicer as she found her a seat close to the front, with a very nice view.

hearing a few laughters and chatting, she heard what sounded like footsteps behind her and soon enough she turned around and was met with the face she found so charming. his smile never leaving his face as he held his hand out for her to take. She tried to bite her tongue as hard as she could, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.. and she wasn't.

"Oh sorry" astoria chuckled as she noticed she was just sitting there staring, she soon stood up and shook his hand. The feeling of his skin against hers gave her chills, but she pulled away before she could let the thought go any further.

"your astoria right?" His soft voice spoke, letting her name fall ever so softly off the tip of his tongue.

"Yes I am, and your michael jackson right?" She mentally face palmed herself at the stupid question before repeatedly apologizing, which only caused michael to fall into a fits of giggles.

he already found a strange liking to her, despite her being very attractive, he could already tell she had a personality.

And after some time of them talking, and him getting to know a little more about her it was evident that he'll enjoy her company on this trip.

....

"how does it feel to be michael Jackson? Like I've always wondered" astoria asked as she sat Indian style on the bed, michael let her stay in his private room as he didn't want her sitting out there by herself.

"Feels elite, sometimes I enjoy my job and other times I wish I could live a normal life like yourself" he stated at the shrug of his shoulders while staring down at his blotchy hands. noticing how his skin condition was getting more serious.

astoria took notice to his body language as she seemed to stare over his features.

"Well my life isn't that normal, it's more like hell" astoria laughed, which michael didn't and only lifted his head to look at her.

"Compared to mines, I would still take it." He mumbled lifting his hand to take the fedora off of his head and placing it down on his lap.

he didn't know how to feel.
And he especially didn't want to cry infront of this beautiful woman.

he knew she meant no harm in her words, but she felt like absolute shit and she begin to apologize.

"I'm so sorry michael" she called him by his first name which didn't only take her by surprise but him as well, causing him to smile.

"oh my, was that unprofessional I'm also sorry about tha-" astoria begin but michael stopped her as he let out his most signature laugh.

"no no, it's fine, I like being called by my first name, it's better then the full name" he said as they both begin to laugh in unison.

almost like a moment that was too perfect.