Chatper Thirty Seven.

Start from the beginning

"That was... Where did that come from?"
I say, trying to catch my breath, a small laugh escaping my lips.

"I don't know," I watch Nick's eyes travel to my lips again, "I do know that I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind another go."

"Neither would I. Your kisses are quite addictive."
Nick chuckles, looking down. I don't always see him flustered and blushing like he is right now, it's good to see. I'm always the one getting flustered around him, Nick is the only one I can blame for that.
He takes me once again, and I find myself knowing just what to do to please him, knowing what takes a gasp from his lips, our lips growing very familiar with each other now.
There's a lot of attraction buried within us, waiting to be found, waiting to be shown between us both, and I want it all.
We break apart, and Nick sighs deeply with a small smile on his face, seemingly studying my face; I watch his eyes scan over me in concentration.

"You've gone all soft on me."
He whispers, and I suddenly grow nervous, noticing the way I'm holding him, hands on his waist like he'll disappear any second, my cheeks burning hot and my eyes looking up at him softly, and he's noticed it.

"I- What?"
I mumble, rubbing my neck slightly, also becoming a bit tense under him.
Nick lets out a soft laugh, taking my hand away from my neck and holding it instead.

"The first few times of kissing you were quite strange. I loved it, but you were so tense, as was I, yet you're bad at hiding it. Although, you're all soft now."

"Just beginning to not think about what we're actually doing, and just letting it happen."
I reply, and his features soften once more.

"It's still scary, I can't deny it. And maybe we're both too awkward to really describe what's going on."
I hold him tight, nodding in agreement to his words, because it's very true.

"Well, we've got time, and plenty of it."
I whisper, giving him a reassuring smile.

He then pushes himself off of the bed, leaving me slightly stunned and staying where I am before I push myself into a sitting position once again, looking to see what Nick is at.
I watch him take the record off record player, putting it back in its sleeve and onto the shelf that is full of an old collection, some of them being ones I have bought for him.
I then see the album Transformer being pulled from the top of the shelf, where all the old ones come from, and Nick gives me a small smirk before taking the record out of the sleeve.
I soon feel a warmth bubbling in my stomach, that album has always been Nick and I's favourite to listen to together; we often refer to it as 'our album' because of how much we both adored it. We both also liked knowing that when it came out, Nick being only ten years of age and me eleven, that we both would have been blown away by it, soon to listen to it together.
I watch his eyes focus as he sets the needle down onto the record, as he goes to put up the volume.
My heart skips a beat, the sound of that beautiful piano begins to play and I was waiting for it too. I'm being reminded of all the times it would come on and both of us would get slightly nervous, he would turn away and so would I, how strange that was.
Although it reminds me of that night, that night in the club where we were together, Nick had just told me he only wanted to be with me and that song began to play, I remember how good Nick looked, his suit hugging his body nicely, a cigarette in one hand and a glass of champagne in the other, hair teased and makeup stunning.
It was really there, when he put that rose onto my suit and was holding me close, looking at me with desperation, a kiss on the lips would have done us both good in that moment, but I was terrified.
He makes his way over to me, and I stare at him in pure admiration, mouth open to speak but no words come out, just mesmerised by Nick and I hope he can see that.

"I was waiting for you to play this one."
I say in a slight whisper, although Nick hears me, giving me a laugh.
I then flinch slightly when Nick extends a hand out to me; a sweet smile spreading across his face.