34. Worries

The scream of Kira didn't leave Bakugou's head, even late at night. He had never heard anything so desperate or terrified. That couldn't be normal, and her evading him for the rest of the day was enough proof of his theory. He looked at his phone, her chat open on the screen as he scrolled through old messages, thinking about what to say. Was there anything to make her feel better? he wondered as his fingers wrote a quick text, "Sorry for leaving your brother unconscious". The blond was quick to delete it, as it was obviously not appropriate.

—Damned brat.

He mumbled as he typed another message, a quick one, with a location and three words "meet me here". It wasn't a question, yet he would understand if she refused. He took his sleeping clothes off and changed into a quick and comfortable outfit, simple jeans and a black shirt with a skull. He wrote a quick note and left it on his desk, assuring he would be back early and he was ok, just in case his parents entered his room when he wasn't there. The blond climbed out of the window and crossed the front gate before walking towards their spot.

His judgment was clouded by questions as he sat on the ground, under one of the many trees that surrounded the area they usually used for training, the place where they fell in love with each other. It looked oddly empty without her dancing flames around, making everything look tinted blue. He let out a sigh, waiting while the stars above kept him company. His face was scrunched up, resembling a little kid who was lectured by his teacher, but he wasn't in a bad mood, he was just confused and frustrated.

—Katsuki?

The sweet voice of the white-haired called, making his pupils dilated just by the fact that he was using his name. Even if it was sweet, there was something odd about it, her face wasn't the grumpy one she usually had, nor was the happy smile he was so used to seeing. Bakugou made a quick gesture, inviting her to sit next to him, which she quickly did, avoiding eye contact.

—Why did you want to meet? Did you have a change of heart?

Kira asked, fear in her eyes. Bakugou stayed there, even more confused than before as he quickly wrapped his arms around her, she looked like she was about to fall apart. Maybe he did have to be more clear in his texts.

—Silly brat, I wouldn't do that, not on the same day. I'm not planning on leaving you, we haven't even made it official, dumbass.

The girl let out a small yet nervous laugh, hugging him back as he spoke. It had been such an emotional and confusing day that she could barely handle her own weight. The blonde let out a sigh before leaving a quick peck on her forehead. He wasn't going to let go after that, even if he wasn't a fan of being so demonstrative in public, it was not like they would be seen anyway.

—I'm sorry for scaring you, even if I didn't mean to. I was just worried since the final, I heard you, and I was told what happened... I just wanted to see you and ask you if you were ok. Doing it by text is stupid, you could fake it.

He explained, stroking Kira's hair delicately. That was the first time he was being so affectionate towards anyone, other than the past afternoon. He watched as she looked for his gaze, connecting them before nodding.

—I'm ok now, kinda. It was just.. too much.

—But you knew I wouldn't actually kill him, I didn't even plan on him being unconscious, why did you scream like that?

He asked as he stopped stroking her hair. He watched as her eyes suddenly were flooded with tears. Did he ask something inappropriate? His eyes filled with fear, which Kira was quick to notice. She left a quick peck on his cheek, hoping it would calm him down, but it did not.

—Did I...

—It's something difficult for me to talk about. I will tell you everything when the time comes, but for now... I feel more comfortable saying it the easy way...Is that ok?

The girl interrupted, leaving Katsuki with his words in his mouth. He nodded at the question, he did not need the details anyway, a vague idea was enough to ease his curiosity, at least for now.

—I lost someone when I was young. I watched as they died, and I couldn't do anything. Shoto being in danger and then seeing him unconscious was... like being back in that moment, I felt like I'd failed again.

She explained as a rebellious tear streamed down her face. The blond tensed in place, before tightening up the hug, he had no idea she'd been through something like that, it all made sense now. He left a small peck on her forehead trying to calm himself more than comfort her.

—I'm sorry, I had no idea, I promise I'll never leave icy-hot unconscious again...

—Thanks? That's super nice of you?

She said trying not to laugh at how bad that sounded out of context.

—I'll keep an eye on you anyway, after all, Endeavour finally agreed on letting me stay at UA. So prepare yourself, Kit kat, I'm gonna be better than you!

Kira said, trying to lighten up the mood, which was a success, as she heard Bakugou scoff at her words, he was finally himself again. She felt as he hit the back of her head softly while chuckling, not letting her go.

—Keep dreaming, you brat!

He said as the girl started to squirm in between his arms to try and free herself. They both laugh at her failed attempts, as she finally bit down on his shoulder, making the blond let go of her.

—That's not even fair! What are you? a dog?!

—I thought you were a dog, pomeranian-looking idiot.

She mocked, as he tried to catch her again. When she finally let him, the girl was quick to hide her face against his chest, embarrassed by how he practically forced her into a hug. Her legs were on top of his, and due to how close they were her heart felt like it was melting. Did he feel that way too?

Bakugou took her chin, making her look up, they both could see it, in each other's eyes, they felt the same, yet he wasn't nervous anymore. As their lips got closer their eyes closed, letting their instincts do their thing. It was a simple and quick peck, yet after it, Kira's face was as red as her previous hair.

—I really like it when you kiss me...

She mumbled as her cyan gaze connected with his ruby eyes.

—I really like kissing you

He whispered back, before stalling another kiss from her lips.

--------------------

That's all for this beautiful arc! I truly hope you enjoyed it! Please remember to leave likes and comments so this fic gets to more people! 

Thank you all for reading. I hope you had an amazing Christmas! Have a good week, and I'll see you next Sunday! Where we will reveal Kira's hero name! any ideas?

Mykie