[Drunk enough] Pope

~ Pope's P.O.V ~

Me, John B and JJ walked from the chateau to the beach ready for 'the party of the summer' as many pogues have described it. We arrived and saw the beach packed.

"Maybe they were right. This could he the party of the summer." JJ said already walking towards the keg.

"If JJ says it might be then it could be." I said in agreement.

"Well then let's go get you drunk then!" JJ said as he put his arm round my shoulders and dragged me towards the keg.

JJ poured me a beer and I looked down at the cup. "Do I really have to drink? I've got a shift tomorrow."

"You don't have to, but when you go and talk to y/n." JJ turned me around to face her while she was talking to Sylvie. "You need to have confidence. And that my friend." He poured himself another drink. "Is what alcohol does."

I looked down at the cup again and thought over JJ's words. I need to talk to y/n, I guess confidence is key. I downed the cup and poured myself another one.

"To the party of the summer!" I shouted.

"To the party of the summer!" JJ shouted even louder.

A couple hours later after the sun was set, I was pissed. I made occasional conversations with y/n, but not enough to tell her I like her.

"Come on Pope. You got this! Just go up to her and tell her the truth!" JJ said patting me on the back.

"You're right I got this." I chugged the rest of my drink and handed it to JJ. "Woah! Let's go!"

I walked up there as I adjusted my t-shirt and saw her smiling at me. No way back now. Just me and her. And well, her friend Sylvie.

~ Your P.O.V ~

'The party of the summer.' Is what everyone was saying, but if I'm being honest, I've been to better parties. The party's amazing, it's just I've spent the whole night talking to Sylvie and only Sylvie while occasionally drinking beer. And to make it worse, I'm seeing the boy I like get himself absolutely pisssed.

"Your friend JJ. He's super fit." Sylvie said biting her lip.

"You've got that right. But I'm not really into him anymore." I looked over at Pope. "I've got my eyes on someone else."

"Hold up. You like THE JJ Maybank!"

"Yeah? I think every girl our age has. But I've seen other boys. Espically in my friend group." I yet again said gazzing over at him to see him downing a beer but walking over to me.

"What who? John B?"

"He's dating Sarah, I wouldn't go after him if he's got a girlfriend."

"Never stopped you before." Sylvie said walking away and probably going to hit on JJ. Maybe she'll be the conquest of the night.

"Hey y/n/n!" Pope said coming over and hugging me.

"Hey Pope. You doing alright?" I asked not really knowing what to do in this situation.

"So. What've you been doing the whole time of 'the party of the summer'?"

"Um drinking, obviously not as much as you've had. And talking to Sylvie, but she's left me to try and be JJ's conquest of the night."

"Well you can be my conquest of the night if you want to he?" Pope asked slinging his arm round my shoulders.

Omg. Did THE Pope Hayward just ask to have sex with him? I can't tell if it's hot or not, or its just him being drunk and trying to act like JJ. Then I decided to play with him.

"Will I be just a conquest or something else?" I asked shrugging him off my shoulders and turning to face him.

The smirk that once played on his face no longer stood there. Instead was filled with complete and utter shock.

"I mean you wouldn't just be a conquest. Yes you would've been ticked off the list. But that's not what I want from you. I want all of you. The whole package." Pope said sliding his arms round my waist.

"The whole package aye?" I asked putting my arms round his neck. "So you want me to date you? Be offfical? Be boyfriend and girlfriend? There's no complaints from my end, but I haven't seen you ask."

"Do I need to ask or can I just do this instead?"

Pope's face leaned into mine slowly, painfully slow. I met him half of the way and kissed him. He pulled me closer to him by my waist and I tugged on his hair. But pulled away until it went any further.

"As much as that was a good kiss. I would  much rather prefer you actually asking the question." I said pulling away.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes, Pope not giving two shits is so much hotter then I thought it could be. "Y/n will you be my girlfriend?"

"Okay. Only took you half a keg to do that." I laughed kissing him again.

"That's not that point. But I was meaning to do it for a while."

"Whatever you say sailor." I said yet again kissing him but not pulling away.