Part 7

Author's POV:

Bella was on her flight back to Birmingham, she was really excited to surprise her best friend and spend the holidays and her birthday with her. Lia on the other hand was trying to figure out how she could talk to Bella about how she'd been feeling the past year, because after bottling up all of her feelings for a year she got used to not talking about them.

Aaliyah's POV:
Today is Christmas Eve and mum needs me to help her make dinner since our cousins are coming. I don't really talk to my cousins because they are all either 30 or 5, and I always end up having to babysit them which is why I don't like when they come over.

Mum: urashobora kumpa igitunguru?(can you pass me the onions)
I passed her the onions and she started looking at me the way she looks at me when she wants to know what's going on with my life. She does that every time we are cooking or just hanging out with the two of us.

Lia: nta kintu gishimishije cyiri kuba nonaha(there's nothing interesting going on right now)

Mum: none uwomugungu mwari musohokanye iminsi ishize ntacyo aricyo?(so the boy you were hanging out with a few days ago is nothing?)

Her question made me question myself wether Jude mean't something to me or not.

Lia: sindabimenya, ariko ntubwire papa ibi(I don't know yet, but don't tell dad about this)

My dad was really strict and when I mean strict I mean STRICT AF. He's literally an Arab dad. Not that mum wasn't strict too but she was less strict which is why I trusted her more with stuff than I did with my dad.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

It's currently 9pm and my cousins should be arriving anytime soon, these will be the most dreadful 4 hours of my life I can't wait for them to be over. I hear my mum yelling my name downstairs telling me to answer the door, she was literally downstairs and she could've done it herself but okay. I was ready to face my loud ass family when I opened the door but I literally screamed when I saw who was at the door.

Lia:Bella!! Oh my gosh I thought you weren't coming until after New year's?

Bella:Yeah my parents are but I couldn't miss your 17th birthday for the world.

Lia:But you don't get to see your parents enough so are you sure you want to be here right now?

Bella:Yes but I still couldn't miss your birthday and I missed you and the fam.

Lia:Thank you for being here I really appreciate it.

Bella:No problem.

After what felt like an hour long even tho it was actually 10 minutes long, the doorbell rang and i was sure it was my cousins but when I opened the door I was surprised to see...Jude standing there

Lia:Jude, what are you doing here?
I asked as I closed the door behind me since I didn't want my dad to see me.

Jude: Am I interrupting something? because I can leave

Lia: no I was just talking to Bella so there's no need to leave...yet

Jude:Oh okay