Chapter 4

"Ha, ha! Did you see that last piñata shatter!?" Val laughed, the group of girls walking back into Poppy's pod after a successful hour of pranking. "Candy everywhere! Ha!"

     "Yeah!" Smidge agreed, stuffing two handfuls of little candies into her mouth, not even bothering to unwrap them first. "Pranking is fun. Remember that time we pranked Branch into making him think I was gonna kill him!? He was all like... 'oh my gah!' Ha! Good times..." She wiped a joyful tear from her eye before sitting down on the carpet with the others.

     "Ok, girls," Poppy finally announced with a smile. "I have a big announcement for you all."
"Ooo... big announcement!" Holly cheered, clapping her hands together lightly. "I love big announcements y'all!"

     "Good... cuz this one is the biggest... bestest... most fun announcement you'll ever hear!" the queen of pop stated enthusiastically, rising up to her feet in anticipation. "Branch came up with this really cool idea. It's just so spectacular!"

     "What's the idea?" Dj asked, already putting on her sleeping mask to get ready for bed. She was exhausted...

     "So..." Poppy started, excited to share the news of the Fabloid. "Branch came to me the other day and proposed..."
"Oh my troll!" Holly suddenly interrupted, her voice filled with excitement and joy. "He proposed!?"

     All the girls squealed in excitement, quickly rushing over to Poppy, beginning to do up her hair all fancy for the 'wedding'.

     "You are going to be the most beautiful bride," Smidge praised, viciously putting lipstick onto her best friend. "Branch is one lucky troll," Holly giggled, putting hairspray on her BFF's head.

     Everyone was talking at once, their voices mixing together in a blur of excitement as they crowded the future Mrs. Astinlake.

     "What? No, no, no, guys. Not that kind of 'propose'," she corrected, gently pushing her friends away from herself. "Though I wish..." she muttered softly afterwards, making sure no one had heard her. "No. He actually proposed that..."
"They're starting a newspaper..." Val suddenly interrupted with a slight eye roll, still sitting in her spot on the carpet.

     "Val!" Poppy yelled, quickly turning her attention to the interrupting rock troll. "I wanted to tell them!"

     "You were taking too long," Val shrugged. "Now who's gonna do my manicure?" The funk sisters began to raise their hands, but Val quickly cut them off, not even noticing their excitement. "Anyone but R&B," she continued. "Last time they transported me to a nail polish dimension... I was covered head to toe in pink sparkly polish for a month..."

     At those words, R&B slowly lowered their hands, laughing innocently as they turned away from the rock troll.

     "Anyways..." Poppy finally said, getting back on topic as she fixed up her hair back to normal, wiping the makeup off of her face. "Branch and I are starting a news paper called... the Fabloid... where trolls can finally be recognized for their good deeds."

     "Oooo..." the group of trolls said, intrigued by the idea.

     "So I was wondering if anyone would like to help," the queen of pop finished.

     "Reporter Lagoona is on the job!" Lagoona announced, suddenly popping up out of nowhere.

     "AHHH!" everyone screamed in shock, jumping around to face the techno anthropologist.

     "Lagoona?" Poppy questioned in surprise. "Where did you come from?"

     "I was lurking in the shadows, quietly doing research on what you pop trolls call..." She paused, looking into her little shell notepad for reference. "'Girls night'."

     "That's not creepy at all..." Cooper suddenly chimed in from the doorway.

     "Cooper!" Satin and Chenille yelled out in anger, frustrated that the goofy funk troll was still following them around.

     "You saw nothing!" Cooper yelled out, jumping out of Poppy's pod, using his hat to parachute down to the ground as he laughed like a maniac.

     "Anyways..." Lagoona said after a few moments of confused silence. "I would make a great reporter. I've always loved getting to the cold hard truth about science... why not try getting to the cold hard truth about trolls?"

     "Ummm... sure," Poppy finally said, her smile quickly returning. "You can be a reporter for... the Fabloid..."

     "Why do you say it like that?" Val asked, referring to how the pink pop troll always paused before saying 'the Fabloid' while waving her hands mystically through the air.

     "Because it's fun," Poppy chuckled in reply.

     "Good point," the others agreed, nodding their heads.

     "So... does anyone else want to..."

     Poppy's question was cut off by a sudden 'BOOM!' rumbling through the village.

     "What was that?" she questioned, turning to look out the window, instantly seeing a thick cloud of black smoke rising up out of the forest.

     "Looks like it's coming from that there abandoned building, y'all," Holly stated, pointing off towards the source of the smoke.

     "That's where the Fabloid is!" Poppy yelled out in a panic. "Branch was in there! Quick! We have to save him!"

     Quickly, the group of girls ran out of Poppy's pod, heading straight for the explosion.