Chapter 25

(Andy’s POV)

 *FLASHABCK*

 The kiss stopped, he stopped. The noise in the background was just a long steady ‘BEEEEEEEEEP’. He died, Zero died. MY ZERO. I quickly pulled away and screamed “NOOOO!”

 The doctor and a bunch of nurses came into the room with the electric thingy machine. “Everyone leave!” said one of the nurses.

 Ashley put his arm around me and dragged me out of the room. When we were all outside Sandra wrapped her arms around my stomach, and buried her head into my chest crying. I looked down at her through my tears. I rested my head on the top of her head and cried with her. She was really close to Zero, I’m mean we all were, especially me; but Zero and her were like brother and sister.  I looked at everyone else and Ashley was passing the hallway, CC sat down on the bench whipping his tears away, and Jake and Jinxx were hugging each other swaying back in for. I heard Jake whisper in his ear that everything was going to be okay.

 “CLEAR!” called the doctor from inside.

 We all heard his body buckle at it. We heard him repeat the process four more times, but nothing changed.. He was gone forever. My Zero, OUR Zero was gone. Our best friend, our brother, he was just gone…..

 *FLASHBACK OVER*

 I still can’t believe he is dead I thought while standing with the band, Sandra, Juliet, and his Aunt Anne at his funeral. Right now we are all at the cemetery at his soon to be gravesite. His coffin in front of me with the top part where his head is being open. His coffin is black on the outside, with black fabric on the inside. Me, his aunt, Sandra and Juliet were on one side, and the rest of the guys were on the other. I don’t think any of us were paying attention as the priest was talking. Yes a priest, Anne wanted to have a priest here even though Zero wasn’t personally religious.

 I looked at his Aunt and she had a handkerchief to her face to whip away the tears. I remember how it was when I had to tell her what happened.

 *FLASHBACK*

 I looked at his Aunts front door. I was scared and saddened by what I had to say. I sighed and knocked on the door. After a minute or so the door opened to reveal his aunt in her work suit. “Oh Andy hello how are you honey?” she asked.

 “I’ve been way better actually. Umm do you think we Can go inside and sit down? I have something to tell you” I asked.

  She nodded and let me in. We both sat down in her couch. “So what did you have to tell me?” she asked.

 I sighed and decided to start from the beginning. I started with my head injury, and led to Zero seeing us at Soundwave. The after that I told her what happened to him, what he went through. At this point tears again filled my eyes and ran down my cheeks. I looked at her and hers were the same as well. “..a-and, h-he didn’t m-make it” I said through the sobs.

 She completely broke down, I held her and she cried in my shoulder and I cried in hers.

 *FLASHBACK OVER*

 I looked at everyone and everyone had either a lot or a few tears in their eyes, but not me, I don’t have any tears to cry I believe. After he died I cried almost every day and night for hours. “Is there anything anyone wants to say before we finish?” asked the priest.

 “I just want to say that, Zero, he never had much or any family. His parents, my sister, gave him to me the day she got home from the hospital, and left. I’ve never seen them again. So I’m just so grateful that he found you guys, that he got friends that were his family” His aunt said with a smile.

 "Thank you” I said.

 “I’ll miss this little guy” said Sandra. I looked at her as she continued “I remember when he came to me about Andy complaining that he was straight” she said with a laugh.

 We all chuckled a bit at that. I sighed and said “I loved this guy, I just wished I could’ve not been an idiot that day.”

 "Andy, you couldn’t change the past, but you can make your future good. Zero told you before he died to take care of Juliet” said Ashley.

 I nodded and wrapped my arm around Juliet, I’m gonna keep that promise. “Okay, now we are going to close the casket and lower him in” said the priest.

 “Hang on, let me do something first” I said.

 The priest nodded and I walked toward his casket. I looked down at Zero and stared at his face. His eyes were closed with a nice layer of eyeliner; he had his black snakebites in along with some black plugs. He was wearing a nice red and black suit and on his right arm some of his sleeve was showing on his hand. I sighed and said “Zero, hun, now you be careful were ever you are going. I love you Zero, forever and always.”

 I leaned down and pecked his lips, even though he was dead and cold, I didn’t want the kiss at the hospital to be our last one. 

 I pulled away and said “I love you Zero, forever and always”

 I looked at the priest and nodded, signaling that it was time. He nodded back and I closed his casket door. Me and the rest of the band lowered his casket slowly into the ground. When it hit the bottom we all grabbed shovels. When I looked at the casket before it was buried forever. I looked at the silver angel wings that have been painted onto it. I lifted the first shovel full of dirt and tossed it onto him. After Jake went I start to sing ‘I never meant to be the one, who kept you from the dark. But now I know my wounds are sewn, because of who you are..

 Me and the rest of the guys sang Savior as we buried his casket. I was singing the lyrics, shoveling the dirt on top of him, when I saw memories of him come through my head. All of the happy memories. A few tears started to come as I continued to sing, think about him, and burying him.

 ‘I will be there! I will always be there! I will be there! I will fight!’ we all sung as the final shovels of dirt covered the sight of where he was. We all gave the shovels to the priest and looked at his gravestone. It was the typical shape for a gravestone, written on the front was his name ‘Zero’ with the date he died on it. Both the name and date were carved on the left side and on the right side were falling feathers. I knew on the back was scripted on the top ‘Fallen Angel’ with a small BVB pentagram underneath it and had angel wings. One at a time, starting with his aunt, we all went up to the stone, patted it, and said there goodbyes.

 I saw everyone patt his gravestone and say something, and walk away; some in tears again. When it was my turn I gently touched the top and said “Goodbye love, I’ll see you when I’m done down here.”

 I started to walk away but I saw something, well someone coming towards me. I looked closer and saw that it was…Zero. He was wearing what he wore in his casket and he also looked like he did in his casket as well. I smiled hugely but I also noticed something else, that nobody else noticed him, in fact; Sandra walked right through him. He came up to me and says into my ear “I love you Andy, don’t blame yourself for my death, I was stupid to trust him the way I did. If she makes you happy, be with her Andy. I love you Andy, forever and always because you stitched my wounds Andy”

 When he said the last word he walked past me. I turned to watch him go and I saw him disappear. I smiled, turned around to face Juliet. “Let’s go, I’m feeling Starbucks” I said and looked up to the sky, watching the ravens fly into the sky.