prologue

It was nighttime in the Xu household, and Lingzi was cooking dinner in the gigantic kitchen connected to the livingroom. Jiaqi was laying down on the couch, watching some stupid Christmas shows. Whatever was usually happening in the huge house every day, on the three days of christmas, it was different. Jiaqi was a loving wife, an amazing soon to be mother and an icon to the neighborhood.

"Excuse me ma'am, someone is at the door!" one of the maids quietly notified Jiaqi then quickly scurreid out the room.

The taller woman rolled her eyes, and started walking towards the main entrance. After opening the door for the unknown visitor, Jiaqi's jaw dropped.

"Cousin!" a deep female voice let out a cheerful yell.

"Dai Meng!" Jiaqi's lips widened into a huge smile, embracing her favorite cousin. "You were supposed to come tomorrow!" she laughed.

"You see, I got on an earlier plane! I wanted to see my soon to be nephew!" she raised her eyebrow happily.

"Ah you.. you're really auntie material! Come in you freak! You'll freeze if you stay out there!" Jiaqi invited Dai Meng in the house, which the older woman gladly accepted.

As soon as Lingzi heard Dai Meng's voice, she finally let out a sigh of relief. For a good 2 weeks, she'll finally have a stable relationship...