WHERE IT ALL STARTED

I groaned when I realized that this is a desperate attempt to escape. Ang mga matang nakamasid sa akin mula sa malayo ay ramdam na ramdam ko sa kaibuturan ng aking mga buto. Alam kong kahit anong pilit kong pagtakas ay maibabalik pa rin ako ni Theo sa oras na dumating siya at madatnan na wala ako.

Kagat ko ang pang-ibabang labi nang mapansin ko si Thitania, ang sumunod na kapatid ni Theo. She was looking at me intently with a smirk on her face, I froze on my place near the front door.

Nakababa ang tingin ko nang maramdaman ko ang presensya niya sa harap ko, “Ciao Morgan!” she greeted in Italian, her squeaky voice ringing in my ears. I gritted my teeth and close my fists, resting it on my side.

“I see that you are desperate to get out of this place. Why? Aren’t you happy enough to stay with us?” she muttered casually yet the tone of her voice was filled with sarcasm edging my inner self.

I held my head up, looking straight in her dark hazel eyes, “Your assumed superiority will make your throat drain, Thitania.” I said with a glint of threat. My brow arched as she looked at me with annoyance as she turned around which left me sighing.

“Stay away, I don’t like you here! Bitch!” she shouted loudly

Hindi na natapos si Thitania na makipag-away sa akin pero sa huli siya naman ang napipikon. Her daily routine was to annoy me, and that is her daily dose of happiness. Pikon naman pero malakas mang-asar. Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses niya akong tinawag nang ganoon. Junior High School na siya at batang-bata pa.

Naihilamos ko ang kamay sa mukha ko, naiinis ako dahil ang kaunting oras na kinausap niya ako ay dapat nasa labas na ako. Sayang ang pagkakataon na wala ang bantay sa gate kanina, ngayon na nakasilip ako sa bintana ay ayon na siya mulat na mulat ang mga mata at tila naalarma na.

“You are really a wrecker, Thitania.” I hissed out loud

I closed the curtain as soon I saw Theo entering the house. He parked the car and I turned around but bumped into someone’s warmth.

“L-Liam” I stuttered

He leaned closer to my ear, my eyes widened, “I’ll help you escape then you can go to his unit to confess.” He whispered and pulled away leaving me confused.

Liam is Theo’s friend. He visits often and I can sense that he pitied me. He’s a good-looking man, attractive and kind. His words said wafted on me, I have to come in front of someone and tell him that I regret everything.

The front door opened and I have pulled out my thoughts, smiling a little I sauntered towards Theo, and behind him are his two men working for his family.

“Where have you been? You look tired.” I told him watching his thin lips tugged into a smile.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, “You missed me, Amore? Have you eaten?” he asked and I shrugged my head.

He walked me into the kitchen with his arm on my waist. I took a glance at Liam who was dead silent as he shoots me with his meaningful glare. They turned around and walked away as I felt cold lips planted on my cheek. I cleared my throat and pulled back when I saw Theo following my gaze. His jaw clenched but he looked away.

I watched him do his business, he is still on his manly dark blue suit. Sa palagay ko ay magluluto siya, kadarating pa lang niya at siya na ang umasikaso sa tanghalian namin. The silence accompanies us and I started to feel the heavy atmosphere.

“Amore, Papa host a party for our engagement maybe, next year they will also plan our wedding.” my lips parted incredulously when I heard him talked confidently.