I sigh, giving him a smile, "I deserve that position and I'm gonna fight like hell for it, whooping you and every other fighter's ass."

He stepped back, shaking his head and smirking "that's my little warrior princess" putting the key in the ignition I got ready to pull off.

"Thanks again for helping me train today I don't know what id do without you."

he opens his car door, waving me off "anytime princess"

Pulling up to the driveway, I can hear the start of my mother's favorite song. She must be in her garden if she's playing it, which means my father is sitting and watching her as she cares for and nurtures her plants.

I walk through the front door of the house; the living room is clean as always, not a thing out of place, making my way to the kitchen. I smell dinner cooking, it's her homemade soup tonight. Walking over to the stove I close my eyes, taking a sniff as I lift the lid, is it possible to have an orgasm from the smell of food alone? I grab the spoon sitting next to the pot and take a spoonful. Chicken, corn, rice, potatoes, shrimp, and carrots all flooded my mouth every taste bud being lit up like Christmas lights the seasonings mixing so well together I only hoped to be half the cook my mother is.

Putting the spoon down and walking to the back porch the music is louder I can hear the low humming of my father as my mother sang along "Cinnamon flavor Taste the honey I'm your little flower and you're my bumble bee Sitting in the garden Shade under the tree Tell me that you love me and that you belong to me Riding through the country Hair blowing I'm free" leaning against the door frame I take in the sight of my mother on her knees planting this seasons flowers, she sets a light pink one that reminds me of cotton candy into the ground I think they're called camellias.

"You guys seem to be enjoying yourselves."

I push myself off the door frame walking forward to join my dad at the miniature brown table that looks way too small for him to be sitting at. My father looks up from his paperwork showing me his award-winning smile that melts anyone's heart whenever they see it, while his big brown eyes that always look tired but never seem to age light up when he sees me.

"Mi Mundo

He stood up to hug me; it never fails to seem like I'm swallowed by his arms when he pulls me in. I feel so warm and protected whenever I'm wrapped up in them.My mother has made her way over to us, dusting off her knees.

"Baby your finally home that was a long training session today" 

Hugging my mom, who by the way, is the smallest woman I have met her face coming just under my chin, you look at us and wonder who's is the parent.

"Yea I know but exams are close and I plan to be at the top this year so I have to get in as much training as possible." 

Sighing and nodding her head. I can see she's worried for me.

"Rehema you know she's worked hard to get to this moment let her show those punks what she's made of."

I watch as the tension and worry on my mother's face disappears and a smile of relief comes across it; the comfort and confidence in my father's voice has always given my mother the peace she's needed when I have decided to push her comfort zone. guess that's what the power of a mate can do.

Grabbing my mother's mud-covered hand, I pull her towards the house; the sun has pretty much set and the sky is a dark orange; it looks like it's been set ablaze.

"I'm hungry let's eat already".

Pushing my bowl away, I stretch my arms out, belly full of the delicious soup I snuck a taste of earlier.