=21=

Yeji's POV
"Yah, Chaeryeong-ah, w-what are you doing?" I gulped, facing back to my front.

"Can't you see how much I love you?" her right hand slides down from my shoulder to my chest, and to the other side of my shoulder, wrapping around my neck.

The knife is now on top of her right forearm, tapping her skin with it in a kind of rhythm. I couldn't help but exhale out a shaky breath as I looked down at the knife once again.

"Is this why you're planning to kidnap all of them?" I questioned.

I'm much calmer now, compared to how I felt earlier. I'm still a little scared, but I'm fine. She's still Chaeryeong, right?

And I still love her.

"Kidnap? Hahaha, no. I planned to kill them... That's why I study anatomy." she lowered her face and went near to my ear, whispering the last sentence.

"Why, Chaeryeong? Why are you doing this?"

"Because I love you, Yeji-ah... I love you so much that I can't stand it when they try approaching you too often, it makes me sick... I hate it." her right hand gripped my shirt tightly.

"Is Lia... dead?" I asked, being careful since anything I said might trigger her.

"You're still caring about her... why? Am I not better than her? Can't you just love me as well? I can do anything for you, Yeji-ah..." she said creepily.

"But..." she continued.

"But you shouldn't have seen the box. You shouldn't have known about it..." she started chuckling suddenly and lifting her knife up, holding it in front of my face.

I clenched my right fist tightly, I could hear my heart pounding heavily each second.

"I killed Lia for you... And I'll kill all of them for you. They aren't good for you, Yeji-ah... Why can't you just appreciate it? Can't you be grateful?"

"Killing isn't right, Chaeryeong-ah. Do you know what are you doing?" I uttered.

"I can do what I want. No one can stop me from doing so."

"You did all of this, risking your life, just for me? Really?" I questioned.

"All I want is your attention, Yeji. You're always giving attention to them, but not to me... It's making me sick whenever I saw you with them. You care about them so much, but not me. Why can't you just love me too?"

"I thought killing them will lead you to pay more attention to me, but now, here you are, still worrying about them, thinking about them but not me," she added.

"Who said I don't?"

"What?" she chuckled coldly.

"I do care about you more than others, Chaeryeong... So please, put down the knife first." I turned my head around to look at her.

She became silent, her eyes looking into mine, seems like trying to read my emotions. I kept as calm as I could, showing that I'm not afraid of her, though my heart is still pounding heavily.

Slowly, my hand went to hold her hand that's holding the knife. I tried opening her hand to take it away from her.

"I care about you, Chaeryeong. I really do." I pat on the back of her hand gently, but later, she frowned.

"LIAR!!" she yelled and tightened her grip onto the knife, going to stab me.

Luckily, I was fast to respond, my hand loosened on her hand and I moved away immediately before she could even touch me.