Chapter 3 - Chris the Human

The castle was being too quiet as they waited for Tails to come back with Tangle alive. One of the castle maids prepared some hot water for the Sonic, Amy, and Manic while Sonia preferred warm tea. They were simple and silently sitting around when the entrance doors opened to reveal Tangle and Tails, both uninjured and alive.

"Tangle, are you ok? What happened? Was there really a monster out there, Tails?" Manic asked.

Tangle didn't say anything, and so did Tails, who reached into the opened door to pull out a concerned Chris.

Basically, everyone was shocked of the Human. Amy went and hugged the boy immediately while Sonic almost let many tears escape his eyes. Manic, Elias, Sally, and Nicole simply stood there as if unsure what was going on.

"Oh no, I am not letting that type of get-up walked around at about 12 feet of anyone in this room. You are coming with me for a complete make over." Sonia immediately took Chris to another room while asking Nicole for a handmaid as additional help.

Geoffrey tapped Sonic's shoulder to get his attention. "Sonic, you happen to know about this...person?"

"He's the friend back from Earth that helped us get back home when the Emeralds sent us there by Chaos Control 4 years ago." Sonic explained. He turned to Elias, Sally, and Nicole as if getting some backup on what he said. "You three do remember what I said back at the cafe, right?"

The two royal siblings and Nicole instantly widened their eyes once the memory returned to them, which Sonic noticed.

"Wait, you three thought I was joking about that?" Sonic asked, his tone sort of in anger. The only response the three made was a few giggles.

Finally exiting from the door after Sonia was not a person people would mistake as a beast in the woods. Now he looked like a true explorer.

(AN: This design is from a Deviantart user known as the-Gitz who is really good with their imagination

(AN: This design is from a Deviantart user known as the-Gitz who is really good with their imagination. All of this credit and praise is for them.)

"Wow, I'm impressed Sonia," Amy complimented. "Your skills are still sharper."

After some talking , the Freedom Fighters plus Chris headed back to their headquarters. Sonic was able to convince Elias that it was better for Chris to stay with them since they had a history. 

Angel Island was not a paradise. While it looked peaceful, once people hear about how many times it got attacked because it houses the Mother of the Chaos Emeralds, then they would rethink the name.

Not only does it house the Master Emerald, it also is an HQ. After the War to Take Back the Planet, the Freedom Fighters decided to try a confusing way to move from one landmark to another while still being in one particular base. Thus, Angel Island was the perfect choice.

The Tornado arrived back to its favorite landing bay with one extra person on one of the wings holding very tight so he wouldn't fall off. The others that chose to stay at the island were surprised to see the newcomer. Knuckles and Cream were the most surprised. 

When Whisper and Tangle were talking about Tangle's adventure in the Great Forest, Yacker and the Wisps were curious and got a big glimpse of Chris, who was very surprised about the Wisps now floating around him to check him out.

"Uh, Sonic. There are various eyes on me."

"The Wisps are friendly," Sonic simply said, patting the Human's back. "As long as you are friendly to them as well."

At the living room table, questions and answers were being thrown about a particular planet.

"So, no Chaos Energy ever used? It's more like gas and electricity from the planet itself?"

"Not since the Chaos Control event have Humans even heard about that type of power."

"And the only abilities Humans only get is high intelligence, strength or acrobatics? Sonic told me something about a group with all sorts of talents with one guy changing his skin color and his aggression amplified."

"That's from a comic franchise, Silver."

Sonic groaned, talking about Earth was getting annoying that he thought it would be. While the silence kicked in, Whisper's Green Wisp came around towards Chris landing close to his shoulder. It blurted out some things in its language, but Chris looked at it very well. "Sorry, Hopscotter, was it? I never heard about aliens coming from outer space to my home besides Sonic and the others."

Everyone soon looked at him with surprise. "Chris, did you just talk to a Wisp, like really talking to it?" Tangle asked. 

Chris only gave out a confusing look before Hopscotter responded. Chris listened well before replying. "Yeah, I can understand you, is that wrong?"

"No, it's not wrong," Cream quickly explained. "It's just no one can really understand the language of the Wisps just like that. I can remember Earth having no Wisps at all. And you never saw any last time you were here, so it's nearly impossible master the communication that easily."

Chris' thoughts felt that directed towards what he heard from Cream, who really has grown in that few years. Since time worked differently between Earth and Mobius and it has been 4 years since the Metarex, why does he remember only being back home for just 1 full week?

"Well, this may change a few of our plans. How are we gonna do our job as Freedom Fighters when we're babysitting another alien from some other world?" Manic asked.

"Because we're making him a Freedom Fighter," Sonic confessed. Everyone turned their heads towards Sonic, expressing a confused look at the sudden reveal. "Until we find a way to get him back to his home, he's staying with us and learn the ways of Mobius as my personal apprentice."

 Chris' eyes light up with rightful hope. He almost felt tears running down his face before he managed to say something.

"Thank you."