Chapter 5 - What Dreams Are Made Of

Start from the beginning

And for Athanasia to be born, Diana first needs to meet that Emperor.

But I wouldn't want to ever meet him; it will cost me my life and... most especially my child's.

I lost my child once; I will never let that happen again.

Then... it's settled...

The only way to save my child is to make sure I never get close to that Empire.

That night as if her fate mocks her, Diana was visited by an ominous dream. A young blonde Emperor is scavenging across old literature in a dark room surrounded by books. Outside the room was a beautiful pregnant woman crying on her knees for him to open the doors, but the Emperor ignored her pleas.

"I begged you to stop!" He screamed back.

"Please don't do this to us." her voice shaking.

"I... I begged you to leave her and stay with me instead." he slumped on the floor and broke into tears.

"Open the door, my love..." she pleaded, crying.

"Stay with me instead..."

She went silent. Her small cries echoed in the hallways. Under her breath, she replied, "You know I can't do that."

His face snapped into a serious frown.

"I can not stop you from keeping her..." he pulled a tattered thick book from the pile of old books on the ground. "And you can't stop me neither."

A barrier separated the door from the rest of the castle; this time, no matter how loud the woman cries, he will not hear her.

"Elipeseh Leris Era Nos Eche-" Diana said with elegance.

Lilian sat across from her with her mouth wide open in awe. "My lady?" Diana chuckled softly.

Lilian blushed in embarrassment, "Um, no, I am so sorry, Miss Diana." she straightened her dress and played with her teacup. "A lady who can speak the ancient language of Obelia... My mother would be so impressed." she smiled in admiration.

Diana's nose touched the edge of her cup, enjoying the floral fragrance of her tea. "It smells like lotus."

"Yes!" Lillian enthusiastically replied. "The lady who played for you last night is a famous tea trader from Siodonna." she fiddled with her cup. "I thought Miss Diana might enjoy it..."

Ah... What a cute girl. Her resemblance to Nari grows even more every second I spend with her.

"You have to know Lady York," she placed down her cup. "I am grateful for your kindness and generosity." Diana's smile reflected the rays of sun that passed through the glassed garden. Lilian was yet again speechless at the sight of Diana. It was an apparition of a beautiful woman whose heart she wears on her sleeves.