Chapter 16 - Farmhouse

Start from the beginning

Y/N: She is a quick learner. She has an amazing teacher *As you look over at Clint* Oh, dad, you asked me the other day if we picked a place to have the wedding and I said not yet. Why did you ask?

Clint: I was wondering if you wanted to have it here on the farm. There is lots of room for everyone and it is your home as well.

Wanda: Laura, Clint are you sure? We are looking at about 75 people max, and we wouldn't want to intrude.

Laura: Clint is right. This is your home as well. You wouldn't be intruding. It would be nice to have you here.

Y/N: Then I guess we have our place for the wedding. *In your head to Wanda**Would you be ok if Lila was a part of the wedding in some way? **

Wanda: *If your happy, I'm ok with it*

Y/N: Hey Lila, would you like to be one of my bridemaids or even be part of my wedding? If you are ok with that dad.

Lila: I would love to. That ok dad?

Clint: Yes, that is fine with us.

Wanda: I guess all we need now is a date and food, which can wait until later because both of you there are starting to fall asleep.

Y/N: What? I'm not tired, just resting my eyes for a second

Clint: You both were outside shooting and having fun for 6 hours. Both of you can get up and get ready for bed. I will clean the table with the boys help.

Y/N & Lila: Ok

You both get up and head upstairs to get changed into pjs. Lila heads to her room and showers. You head to the guest room where you and Wanda are staying. You get changed and sit in bed thinking. After about 30 minutes as your starting to drift off, you hear the door open and see Laura come in. She comes in and hugs you and says goodnight. You say goodnight and head to bed.

You're talking in your head to Wanda

Y/N: Goodnight, Wanda. See you whenever you come up to bed.

Wanda: I will be up later. I'm going to chat with Laura and Clint for a bit.

Y/N: Ok, I love you 3000

Wanda: I love you 3000 too

In living room with Clint, Laura, and Wanda

Wanda: Thank you Laura and Clint for having us over. She was so nervous that you and the kids wouldn't like her. It took lots of convincing to have her come.

Laura: She was scared that we wouldn't like her or accept her?

Wanda: Very much so but that all changed when I saw how happy she was with Lila today

Clint: I saw that too. Wanda, how are the nightmares with her? Is she still having them?

Wanda: Yes, she still has them but mostly when I am not there either due to being on missions or she is taking a nap and I'm training. Why do you ask?

Clint: Nat said something to me, but I just don't know how to help her

Wanda: I'm not sure that there is much anyone can do

Laura: The important thing that I can think of is just being there and being a safe place for them

Wanda: I feel like I'm safe in her arms and being with her helps me with my panic attacks that I still have at times. Hey Clint, remember when Y/N and I went to Kara and Alex's for the week or so?

Clint: Yah, why do you ask?

Wanda: Well, first off, I'm sorry about how Y/N found out, but I couldn't lie to her, and I thought Nat told her, but I am sorry about that. Secondly, she was hurt when Nat didn't tell her right away that she wanted to get married out there and see how long it would take you and Nat to find out, but I asked if she really didn't want either of you two there or she said that she wants both. She was really hurt and was trying to get back at Nat, but I just thought you should know. Also, I want to thank you both for everything that you have done for me as well from the first time we meet, the first mission that I was on with you until now and what you continue to do for me. So, thank you

Clint: (1) You are very welcome. I saw a person in need and wanted to help. Also, at the time I saw you as my daughter and now I see you as family. (2) No, I didn't know about that, and I also didn't realize that Nat didn't tell her by then. I could see it in her eyes that she was hurt but I didn't want to push her, so I didn't. I'm glad that she found you and make her happy.

Wanda: Laura, can I ask you a question?

Laura: Go for it

Wanda: What do you think of Y/N? I know that you just met her but what do you think of her?

Laura: She is amazing, kind, great with the kids and overall, a sweetheart. The way she helped teach some new things to Lila and was talking to the boys, I could tell that she has an amazing family and lots of support behind her. I could tell that the kids feel safe around her. She and both will be great and amazing parents one day. But why do you ask?

Wanda: I was only asking because I just want to make sure that everyone around her loves her. She has been through so much trauma growing up with Hydra and the Red Room and her recent trauma of being raped that she can just get the support that they need.

Laura: Y/N is family and will always feel loved no matter what. Same goes for you. I know from what Clint has told me about you, that you have also spent some time at Hydra but have done an amazing job to put the trauma from your past behind you and learn from it. You are amazing, sweet, kind and a great person for anyone you are around.

Wanda: You mean that Laura?

Laura: Yes, I do. Your also family as well and will always be. Both Clint and I will be here for the both of you.

Wanda gets up and hugs both Clint and Laura and says goodnight to them and heads upstairs to you. Once Wanda gets upstairs, she changes into her pjs and climbs into the bed next to you. She whispers, "goodnight baby" and then kisses your head and snuggles up to you.

With Clint and Laura

Clint: I'm glad that Y/N and the kids are getting along. I wasn't sure how the kids would feel but I'm happy they love Y/N like she has been here with them since they were born. I'm also happy that you accept her as well. I wasn't sure how you would feel about her.

Laura: I'm glad that the kids and her are getting along as well. I know that you and Nat were more than friends at one point, but she is an amazing young woman and I know that you haven't know her that long, but I can tell she really cares about Wanda and cares about her family. You have done an amazing job and if she needs a break from the compound or tower, she is always welcomed here.

Clint: Thank you sweetheart. I love you some much. I know that she struggles at times, but I hope she knows that she can come to us for help.

Laura: I love you as well. I hope she does

Laura and Clint get up from the couch, turn off all the lights and lock the doors then head to bed themselves.