Annual Celebration?

ابدأ من البداية

When she had gone off to Hogwarts for the year, he had followed. Part of it was to kill a rat, but he got to see his daughter. 

Admittedly, when he did get his hands on the rat . . . or rather how he got the rat, he could have approached it differently. But then again, Remus was the one that actually made the plans. James and Sirius would come up with ideas, Remus was the one that made it harder for them to be caught. 

The night the truth came out, he saw a side of Nova he knew was there but never witnessed. He saw the side that would protect her friends and family to the ends of the Earth. He saw his best quality in her . . . apart from his hair. 

When Remus's furry problem became a real problem that night, his first thought was to protect his daughter. He didn't care what happened following, as long as she was safe. 

She did run right into the danger following that, but Sirius chose to ignore it. 

After rescuing him, Nova seemed genuinely happy to see him. He spent that entire summer getting to know his daughter. He saw her happy, sad, angry, etc. He loved all of it. 

He also spent that entire summer reuniting the person he considered his soulmate. Remus, who was never a hopeless romantic, didn't believe in soulmates made the fact he loved Sirius very known. 

When Sirius heard of the Triwizard Tournament, he was excited. Then Nova was forced to compete, and he was scared. Things were especially worse seeing as he couldn't attend most events due to still being a wanted criminal. 

When Voldemort was on the rise after returning, he was confined to his childhood house. Not childhood home, because it wasn't. That was Potter Manor. Grimmauld Place was nothing more than a building that brought up bad memories and past trauma. 

But what really pissed him off was not his inability to help, which was a major part, was the hate Nova was getting. It was article after article. She said she wasn't bothered by it, but he knew she was crying in her room. He wanted to help and comfort her, but every time she said she was good. 

Nova's fifth year at Hogwarts stressed him out more than he'd like to admit to anyone but Remus. Her OWLS were this year. She was constantly receiving hate for the false rumors. She was actively participating in Order meetings. She was training with Mad-Eye . . . 

He was worried, to say the least. 

When he heard about Harry and Nova's relationship, he was happy but also worried. He was happy they finally stopped being oblivious. He was thrilled his daughter was dating Harry, someone he trusted, someone he knew. Yet, he was worried about the war and both being targets . . . 

When news of their little field trip to the Ministry reached Sirius, he was the first out the door. He remembers a jet of red light hitting him, but a gust of gold mist stopping him. Everything after that was a blur. 

What he does remember is Remus slapping him in the face for "scaring him". 

He remembers Nova running full force into his arms with happy tears streaming down his face. 

"Da!" he remembers her faint words between happy sobs. "You're alive! Thank Merlin!"

Then the Minister of Magic approached him. Sirius half expected him to throw him in Azkaban, but instead, they shook hands. Fudge declared Sirius a free man. Sirius, forever thankful, knew for a fact Nova most likely had something to do with it. 

As Nova's sixth year began, she started going on Order missions. Some of them, he joined her on. The ones he didn't, he was over his head in worry. To pass the time, he'd spend time with his son; Teddy.