HeadHunters

Y/N's POV

Myself, Dipper, and Mabel in the living room, watching a show on television called Duck-tective. The show features a constable and a duck detective standing next to a telephone booth that has limbs of an unseen dead person sticking out. While watching the television program, Mabel knits a new sweater and Dipper eats popcorn from a bowl. Mabel reaches for some popcorn, but Dipper slaps her hand. I chuckle at the siblings and enjoy my breaks chilling with them lately.

"I'm afraid your services won't be required here, sir. My men examined the evidence, and this is obviously an accident."

The duck starts quacking and the subtitles show 'An accident, constable? Or is it...Murder?!'

"What?!"

"Duck-tective will return after these messages."

Mabel drops her sweater and holds her face in awe, "That duck is a genius."

Dipper and I shrug, "It's easy finding clues when you're short", I say while ruffling Dipper's hair.

Mabel squints at us, "are you saying you two could out-wit duck-tective?"

We both look at each other and nod just saying, "yeah, yeah we think so." She eyes us unconvinced.

"Mabel, I have very keen powers of observation. For example, just by smelling your breath, I can tell that you have been eating..." he sniffs the air a bit near her "...an entire tube of toothpaste?!" I raise an eyebrow at the twins then look over at Mabel.

Mabel looks away almost ashamed as we notice the sparkles on her face. "It was so sparkly.."

"But was it delicious?" I ask her playfully, "because that's the real question of whether it was worth it or not."

She looks over all bright eyed, "very, it was so minty and fresh, I don't think I'll have bad breath for a week,...but now i need toothpaste." We all laugh before Soos comes running in.

"Hey, dudes, you'll never guess what I found!"

"Treasure!"

"Buried treasure!"

"Buried," Mabel laughs and pushes Dipper playfully, "Hey I was gonna say that!"

We follow Soos as he leads us to his findings, "So, I was cleaning up, when I found this secret door, hidden behind the wallpaper. It's crazy bonkers creepy!"

"I could've helped Soos, that is my job after all." I felt bad taking a break if he was still working.

"Nah, it's OK dude, I like working around here, and you work extra hard lately. You deserve the break, plus I'm sure the twins like your company." They both nod and I smile giving them both fist bumps. Soos opens the door and it's filled with several different wax sculptures.

Dipper pulls out a flashlight and shines it around the room. "Woah! it's like a secret wax museum!"

Mabel swipes her finger across Sherlock Holmes. "They're so life-like."

"Hey dudes watch this", I laugh as I pick Shakespeare's nose, the twins and Soos laugh as well.

Dipper continues to look around and turns the flashlight on a weird wax figure of Mr. Pines in his underwear. "This one doesn't seem that life-like to me."

"Hello", he waves at us. We all freak out and yell, causing me to nearly knock over Shakespear. Mr. Pines just chuckles, " It's just me, your Grunkle Stan!" We all scream louder and run out of the room. That is a sight I did not need to see...my boss in his underwear. I lean against the front counter to recoup as well as the twins and Soos.