Volume 1 - Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Hm? You have a question? Horikita?"

"Sensei... Are you sure I wasn't misplaced in this class? I am pretty sure that I did nothing wrong in the Interviews and The entrance exam. I even am pretty confident that I perfected it. So why am I placed here?" Many students started an uproar, causing the class to be noisy, Chiyabashira-sensei however, just smacks her clipboard onto the table, causing the class to be quiet.

"Horikita.., Horikita..., Horikita...., What made you think divides these classes?" I was then tackled by a very familiar question that that person asked me. Of course, my answer remained the same.

"It's by Merit..."

"And which merit.., Horikita?" Yet another familiar question has been asked to me... What is even going on at this point..?

"A-academics..." I replied quietly, Chiyabashira-sensei however, seemed to have heard it and chuckled.

"And what makes you think that that is the Merit we spoke of?" I froze at her statement... Come to think of it... That inferior-- Ayanokouji-kun also said this to me... Could it be that... He already managed to figure it out on the first day?

"If it was true that academics is the only merit that divides the classes, then why do you think Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi are even here..?" She then taped a paper to the board and drew a red line above Sudou's name, below him are the names of Ike and Yamauchi.

"Be glad that this isn't an official test, because if it is... Then the three of you might've been expelled already."

"E-expelled?!" The trio that was mentioned yelled. I don't want to interrupt their fun, but I wanted to ask this question before Chiyabashira-sensei leaves.

"Then.., Sensei.., Is it possible for someone to figure everything out on the first day..?" All of my classmates looked at me in shock and disbelief.

"How the hell would they even figure out something as extreme as this?!"

"Yeah!!" My classmates yelled. I, however, remained quiet and ignored them. Chiyabashira-sensei stayed silent for a minute or so, before laughing loudly, causing the class to stay quiet once again.

"How did you figure that out? Horikita?"

"A student once asked me the same questions you asked me earlier.., And said 'What made you think that only Academics is the only thing that divides the classes?'.."

"Oh~? Mind giving me the name who told you that?"

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.." Chiyabashira-sensei just looks at me, shocked, before laughing out loud once again. What actually is going on right now..?

"I see... That name... I should've expected that it was someone from 'that' class." Wait... Don't tell me..., Ayanokouji-kun is actually from Class A?!

"W-wait! Don't tell me that Ayanokouji-kun was from Class A?!"

"Of course not... He-- no, they are far too superior for Class A to even be placed there. But, before I tell which class they are from... Look at this first." Chiyabashira-sensei taped another paper to the board and saw something that shocked me.

" Chiyabashira-sensei taped another paper to the board and saw something that shocked me

Class E..? But...

"Sensei... Why is there a Class E..? I thought there were only 4 classes..?"

"I guess I should explain it to you guys now. Class E is a class meant for elites. But almost no one has ever really been there because of the criteria it has. This year, however, 14 students passed that criteria."

"... So they are the best. Is what you are saying.. Sensei?"

"Yes... Class E is considered the Elite Class in the first month, when May 1 comes, however, this changes as Class E will usually move classes. This means that the Class E after May 1 becomes the defective class.., Not class D. But, it would look like that Class D is still the defective class." I gritted my teeth. Then, is Ayanokouji-kun in Class E? Why is he even considered superior to me?!

"Erm... Sensei... If I may ask.., Why did Class E have more than 200 lost points..?" Kushida-san asks Chiyabashira-sensei.

"Hah! Maybe they aren't so Elite after all!"

"Yeah!!!" Both Yamauchi and Ike shouted.

"The class was deducted by 200 points because they bought some info from their teacher on the first day. And was deducted by 18 more points because a certain someone kept looking out the window." Ike and Yanauchi's cries died down, realizing that they only further embarrassed themselves. After a few minutes of silence, the bell finally rang.

"I'll be leaving you guys to your thoughts here. I have something else to do."

"Sensei!!" I interrupted sensei just as she was about to leave.

"Oh~? Do you have another question? Horikita? Hopefully... It's not about you being misplaced." I ignored her statement and asked something that surprised Class D-- no, Class E.

"Is it possible to visit the Class E-- no.., Class B."

--

*Sakayanagi Arisu POV*

Class E huh..? Not only are they there... But it is also considered the Elite Class.

Fufufu... I am very glad... Ayanokouji-kun..., Hironaka-kun.., We were placed in different classes.. I can bury not one... But two false geniuses.

"Mashima-sensei.., Is it all right if I visit the new Class B?"

"Sure." I stood up with the help of my cane, And walked to the door, as soon as I was about to open the door. Katsuragi-kun interrupted me.

"I'll come with you as well, Sakayanagi, I also want to see this new Class B."

--

*Ichinose Honami's POV*

"Class E... Huh? It's amazing that they even managed to figure every single one of those things..." I whispered half amazed.

"Honami-chan... Don't tell me.., You're planning on visiting the class?!"

"I do.., Don't worry, I just want to see what Class E looks like... It will be very helpful too if I managed to befriend them... We won't want to be targeted by one of the elite classes after all..."

I can-- no..! I have to make it work! I don't want my class to suffer fighting against one of the elites!!

--

*Ryuuen Kakeru POV*

"Oh ho~? This is certainly very interesting~." I said as I smirked at the board. Looks like I have people who can entertain me more.

"But... Don't you think it's a pretty bad idea..? Considering they are the elite--"

"I could care less about that! All I care about is entertainment! I don't care if I'm beaten up or whatever!" I said. If I were to imagine my look right now.., I would say I am smirking with my eyes widening in excitement.

"Hopefully, I won't be too disappointed in you... Class E--- no, Class B." I said as I stood up and head for the door.

"W-wait?! You are visiting them?! Boss?!" Ichizaki said as he stands up from his seat.

"Yes.., That is the only way I can determine whether they are entertaining or not after all..."

--