"Minghaoooooo, please give me another chanceeeee... I promise I won't try to run away again."

"You won't try to run away again. You WILL run away again. How am I supposed to trust your words when you do the same thing after promising not to? Don't think I don't know your little tricks."

"Pleaseeee? We're from the same hometown."

"We aren't from the same hometown. Don't even attempt making us appear close."

When the duo came within sight, Wonwoo noticed the hilarity of the whole situation. The guard was dragging his prisoner by a single leg, which was the source of the dragging, and beside the one being pulled was a heavy metal ball attached to him by a chain. But the fact that the guard was the one who looked unhappy rather than the prisoner was something Wonwoo had never seen in any of his other previous enclosures.

They stopped right outside the enclosure opposite Wonwoo's, Minghao unlocking the door and throwing his captive into it, before shutting the gate and locking it once again.

"Minghaoooooo, Xu Minghaooooo!!"

No answer came, and Jun lay on the floor sighing once in defeat.

"He won't come back for you."

All at once he sat up again, staring around in confusion for the source of the voice. "You're not Minghao."

"Bloody hell, obviously I'm not. Your dude sounds like a chipmunk."

"Don't speak ill of my friend."

"Are you sure he even sees you as a friend?"

"I'm pretty sure."

"If he truly was your friend, he would have let you out of here already. What friend wants to watch their friend suffer? You're too gullible."

While Jun hesitated in responding, Wonwoo gave up on conversation and turned to his side, facing away from the corridor and the annoying omega sitting in another enclosure opposite his, and fell into a deep sleep.

Meanwhile, said annoying omega stayed awake the entire night, staring out the barred window at the night sky where not a single star shined, wondering if his new neighbour might just be right. Was it really only a wish on his part that he saw Minghao as a friend?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was in the early hours of the morning that Wonwoo awoke, and immediately sensed something was amiss. Glancing around, he didn't notice anything out of place, until he peered into the corridor.

The cell door opposite his own was left slightly ajar. And within, the only living soul, or rather used to be living soul, in that room was a lone yellow rose lying on the table.

Wonwoo immediately knew what happened.

"MINGHAOOOO!!!"

A sudden thud from the stairwell at the end of the corridor alerted Wonwoo to the fact that the guard was coming. "Ow."

"WHAT THE HELL WHY WOULD YOU WAKE ME AT 4AM?!"

"Your prisoner has escaped."

It took a second for the guard to analyse the situation.

"Oh fuck, Junhui again. Thanks for alerting me newbie."

Minghao sent an alert to the rest of the guards, who immediately sent out a search patrol for the runaway. Within minutes, they dragged an extremely beaten up, disheveled Junhui back to his cell.

"Minghaoooo, I thought we were besties-"

"That was just YOUR hallucination and what YOU wish. It's never gonna happen."