The Redbridge Pack's Ruling

Começar do início

Benji's mouth starts gaping like a fish out of water. I know he wasn't expecting this but he quickly snaps out of it and stands and reaches out to shake his hand. "I wouldn't have it any other way, she is the sister I have always wanted." 

My father gives him a tight nod but there is a genuine smile on his face. "Thank you for being the family she deserves." My father releases Benji's hand and returns to his seat which is next to my mother. Her face is pale and her eyes have widened at my father's actions. I can see my father's shoulders hitch as he sees my mother. As he takes his seat she tries to pry his hand but he shakes her off like she is a rotten disease. 

My mother's gaze falls on me and her expression is still the same, cold and hardened. There was no regret or sorrow for what she had done to me, which only emphasised to me that she was not worthy of my forgiveness. Where my father admitted his faults, she simply gave excuses. Her gaze was interrupted by the hollow and heavy steps of the Elders. Both make their way to the front of the hall, taking the same position as what they did when they first began the trial. 

"Thank you for your patience members of the Redbridge pack. Both myself and Elder Roberts have deliberated about the sins that have been committed by the higher officials of this pack." Elder Reece begins. 

"Before we begin with our verdict, we have a few words that we would like to share." Elder Robert begins to bellow through the crowd. "Never in our existence has there been such a systematic failing against an innocent she-wolf. Your rightful Luna has suffered at the hands of family, friends, pack members and even her own mate. From what we have heard there have been many opportunities for the truth to be revealed. By that, we do not just mean since Louise White more commonly known as Loretta Romano left the pack eight years ago but there were opportunities when she was a teenager. She was failed by not only her parents who were Beta's but the Alpha Family. Equally she was failed by pack members who did not speak up but just spread rumours rather than officially report them."

"With that being said, firstly we would like to have Leanne come forward." Both Tyler and Lewis lift her up from her foetal position on the ground. She starts kicking her legs, trying to stop them from facing the crowd. Her kicks and hits are futile, her body is weak and her mind appears to have wilted away. The drop her in front of the Elder's who both hold a face filled with contempt and hate for the woman on her knees in front of them. 

"Leanne White, before we provide your charges and sentencing do you have any final words?" Elder Reece commands. 

Leanne was whimpering, her frantic gaze searched the room for people to turn their face in the opposite direction, no one wanted to look at the person who was responsible for causing so much pain to the pack. She had instigated a war which had resulted in many wolves losing their lives. Some of those were friends and family to those who were present in the hall. When I listened carefully I could hear her heartbeat thump against her chest but she simply pursed her lips and said nothing. Both Elder's let out a sigh of disappointment, I could sense that they hoped she would show something redeemable but even my sister knew that her words of apologies would only be lies. She was never apologetic for what she had done and I don't think she ever would be. 

"Very well. Sometimes silence is louder than a thousand words." Elder Reece states in a clipped tone. "Leanne White of the charges for interfering with a mate bond we have found you guilty. For being involved in child and pup kidnapping and associating with rouges we found you guilty. For instigating and encouraging an illegal war we also find you guilty." Elder Reece's voice bellows through the hall, each word bounces off the wall and other than his deep and somber voice silence befalls upon the pack that you could hear a pin drop. 

"Leanne, even your wolf left you because of your terrible actions. You have gone against everything a wolf believes in, you betrayed not only your pack but your family. Your sister has been at the brunt of your actions and you take no responsibility. Just because you are human now does not exclude you from being punished. You will be taken to the Elder compound where you will spend the rest of your life in a prison cell for your crimes against a Luna." Elder Robert interjects.