Chapter 4 - The Bargain

Sorry for the long wait, but nevertheless it's already here guys!

Have fun and enjoy!

*****

   No, no, no!

   This isn't possible!

   I pinched my arm so hard to see if it was just a dream. Ouch!

   Holy Crap! I mentally cursed loudly. Panic brimmed inside me. My first instinct was to run, like what I did at the park but my body won't move and I was literally frozen.

   Instead of running, I was just staring at him slowly walking towards us. Gawking was probably the right word for that. And I couldn't help but appreciate his good looks. His strong chiseled jaw line and defined cheekbones, making his face even sexier. Those beautiful amber eyes, his kissable pink lips, his tousled brown hair and dare I say it was hot.

   Julianne what are you doing? My inner voice asked. I shook my head to clear my unnecessary thoughts. Seriously, get a grip of yourself!

   "You look so pale, afraid aren't we?" Scarlet's voice cuts me off from my reverie. When I looked at her, I saw her raising her eyebrow and smirking at me.

   I stiffened. If I have the chance, I would love to wipe that smirk. But, I knew she was right. I was really scared at this moment. I thought I was already on the upper hand. I thought at last she got what she deserved but, I was wrong. This turned of events clearly proved it to me.

   Why do I not know about Caleb?

   If only I knew. I would not have said it. And I would not have showed them the picture otherwise.

   Gracie's words ring through me. "Really Jules, someday your being oblivious will put you into trouble."

   I should've listened to her. Maybe I wouldn't be in this kind of situation. I mentally sighed. I guess regrets really do come after everything what you don't like you do.

   But I am not the type of person who gave up easily. I am determined not to be swayed by her evil plan. I decided to just go with the flow. I cleared my throat and smirked.

  "There is nothing to be afraid of, because I am telling the truth." I retorted. I swear lightning will strike me any minute by now.

   "Good morning ladies!" someone's voice greeted from behind.

   I turned around and saw a grinning Caleb. I gulped three times. My mouth was literally dried out. I hope he doesn't hear it.

   Scarlet immediately scurried towards him and clung into his arm. I rolled my eyes at her.

   "Caleb baby, why didn't you tell me that you already have a girlfriend?" she asked, pouting.

  His grin faded and confusion quickly took placed. He furrowed his eyebrows and untangled Scarlet's hand from his arm and looked at her. "I have?" he questioned.

  "O-of course!" I interrupted suddenly. I need to butt in before this turns into nothing. "R-right pumpkin?"I asked.

   Seriously, pumpkin?

  I laughed nervously, feigning happiness and taking a glance at Caleb. I gulped when I met his eyes. My palms were sweating almost like a faucet.

   I feel like throwing up right now.

  He stills and looked down at me, frowning and for a moment I thought this is it, bye-bye, sayonara! But then he narrowed his eyes and twisted his mouth. He angled his face to look at me closely. He gave a small laugh and asked in an amused voice. "Pumpkin?"