Chapter 10: Frost Giant

It has been nearly a week since you were last able to connect with Loki and see through his eyes. You expected them to be home days ago. You have just finished spending time with the same elderly woman outside the village and made your way back to the palace. Your body is aching more than you thought possible from the strenuous daily task- even using your powers... You didn't realize how much having Loki's help really assisted with the daily tasks- or at least, took your mind off of them.

You have just stepped out of the shower when Frigga knocks softly on your door, "May I come in?" she asks with a slightly gleeful voice. You wrap your towel around yourself and make your way to the door.

"Hi Frigga," you give a half-hearted smile and turn back into your room, allowing her to follow you. You rummage through your dresses, "Did I forget? Do we have training today?" You ask turning back to face her. Her lips are pursed into a tight smile as she bounces on the balls of her feet, reminding you of Loki. You can't help but smile, "Ok, ok, what is it? Spit it out."

She runs to you, taking your hands like a giddy schoolgirl. "Y/N," she says, grinning widely, "Thor and Loki just landed in the BiFrost room. Odin has ordered us all to the throne room- yourself included, of course."

Your eyes grow wide as your smile spreads all the way up to your eyes. You quickly throw on a simple green dress with long sleeves. You use your powers to transform your hair into a simple braid. Frigga smiles watching you run around frantically.

Suddenly, you stop and look at Frigga, "Ha... Have you seen them?" Your eyes drop to the floor as you fiddle with the gold tassel running the length of your dress.

Frigga senses your apprehension and her smile, too, fades. "I have not, but I know my sons. I have seen them in many forms. But, my child," she gently lifts your face to look into her eyes, "in every form that I have seen of our Loki- he was made to love you."

You swallow hard as you allow her to take your arm and you walk to the throne room together. Odin ignores your presence the same as he has since Thor and Loki left. Frigga leaves you at the foot of the throne and takes her place next to Odin. You notice that she shuffles nervously and Odin's face curls into a wicked grin as the guards announce the approaching of the princes. You chew on your bottom lip and can almost hear Bucky scolding you.

Thor enters first and makes his way towards the throne where he bows and winks over at you, happy to see you. You can't stop the relieved smile that spreads across your face.

"Father, we have returned with the Tesseract as you requested. Loki has spoken of nothing else but the well-being of Lady Y/N. Please honor your word and consider their companionship."

Odin speaks, his voice low and rough as it bellows through the throne room, ignoring Thor's request, "Enter, Loki Laufeyson. Your beloved has waited long enough."

Your heart pounds in your ears as you wait for him to enter. Thor stands and takes his palace beside you, facing the door.

Who enters the throne room is nothing like the Loki that left you. This pale-blue giant stands at least 8 and half feet tall. His blue-gray skin reflects the blue light emanating from the tesseract. His red eyes seem to drink in the entire room, lingering on you for only a moment before jerking away in shame. There are strong half-circular raised areas that seem imprinted all over his face while his long legs carry him nearer and nearer to your location. Something about this form terrifies you but also reignites the anger that you have been harboring toward Odin. You become slightly dizzy and realize that you have not breathed since Loki entered the throne room. You take a deep breath, your large eyes glued to Loki.

Loki stops beside you, facing Odin, and bows, presenting the Tesseract. You silently plead with Loki to look at you but his eyes remain glued to some invisible item a few steps between himself and Odin, "As requested," Loki's voice booms throughout the empty room, "the Tesseract has been returned to Asgard."