When shall we meet the family?

Start from the beginning

„Well, you should know that he's not necessarily the picture perfect candidate to be my new boyfriend."

„What does that mean? Is he a cheating bastard? If so, he's one hundred percent your type."

„No, mom! He's not. He's the sweetest, kindest, nicest, most caring, considerate and respectful guy."

„Then what's the problem?"

„He's... well, he's a little younger than me."

„So what? It's 2021, you can have a younger man, you're physically fit and good looking?"

„I know that! But I mean, a lot younger than me."

Her mother seemed to think about that for a second. „Define ‚a lot'!"

„Fifteen years. He... he's 28."

This seemed to be a number her mother was indeed not prepared for. „Lana, dear... are you serious?"

„Yes, mom."

„Then, it's just for fun? Is it just a sex thing?"

„It was at first, but not anymore. We fell in love."

„Come on, that's insanity!"

„I know. But I love him, mom, and he loves me. We know it's not ideal and rest assured that we've talked about it at length. And by the way, that's exactly why I haven't told you sooner."

„Who is he?"

Despite the tension across the line she had to smile, like every time she got to talk about him. „His name is Jordane, he was in my cast on ‚Why Women Kill'."

„He's an actor, too?"

„Yeah. But well... he's still young and starting out with his career."

„Even worse!"

„Come on, mom! You're more liberal than that."

„Are you? You can't be thrilled about this?"

„I'm not, but I can't change how old he is. He makes me happy and he treats me right. And that's what matters way more."

„And when can I meet him?"

„Whenever you can promise me that you'll give him a chance without any snarky comments and the like."

„That's fair. I promise."

„You want to meet him now?"

„Well... Soma and your cousin are coming next week, that's what I actually wanted to remind you of."

Lana nodded when she remembered. Soma was her cousin's daughter, but she always referred to the young woman as her ‚niece' because they were that close. „Right... That's true, you're right."

„Did you forget?"

„No! I mean... like I said, it's busy. Of course I remember, I'm really looking forward to seeing them. But... you want all of them to meet my boyfriend at once?"

„As you prefer. Or well, him too, of course. Maybe it's not the best timing. But, I'd still love to get to know him soon, if possible. And Aunt Candy."

„Aunt Candy knows about him too?"

„No. But she adores you and everything you do and everyone you love, you know that. She'll be thrilled to meet this young... really young man."

„Alright. I'll talk to him and we'll think about it, okay? He's currently still recovering, actually, he had an accident and he was just dismissed from hospital a few days ago."