Chapter 28.

Mansi, Tara and Ruhi watched their mother lounging by the poolside as if she was the owner of the house and the sight was gut-wrenching and nauseating.

Since yesterday, they have managed to avoid their parent like a plague.

They saw Akash speaking to their father last night but knew they were no form of closure for Akash because the damage has already been done and they will always be a reminder to Akash about his father's indiscretions.

Marisa passed by them holding what looks like a mojito and Mansi stopped her

"Marisa..... Let me give it to my mum. " Mansi said politely and Marisa nodded and gave the mojito to her and left the girls alone.

Mansi smirked devilishly which confused her sisters and she rushed to the kitchen and followed her only to find her rampaging through the fridge and she smirked seeing what she was looking for and turned to her sisters shaking it.

Tara giggled and Ruhi gasped in shock knowing what their big sister was about to do.

In her hands was prune juice which their mother was very reactive to and had once had to stay at the hospital for weeks with a running stomach which unfortunately the doctors couldn't control because of her weak stomach.

Mansi poured two spoons of the prune juice into a juicer and added strawberries, white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water and a couple of mints and made a whole new mojito for Tanu and poured the one Marisa made away.

"This will keep her away from the house for a few days. " Mansi smirked looking at the mojito and Tara was ecstatic but Ruhi was sceptical because she knew they will be in trouble if the truth came out but she kept quiet and followed Mansi to the pool together with Tara.

Unknown to the girls, Payal and Khushi had heard and seen everything and watched as the girls gave the juice to their mother and poured some for themselves to avoid suspicion.

"Would you look at that?...... They are smarter than I thought...... They are also drinking it to avoid being the suspect..... Unfortunately, that won't be enough because I have another surprise waiting for her. " Khushi said and Payal smirked as she watched the mother and daughters engage in what looked like an argument and walk away.

They entered the playroom of the kids to find Amaira playing peekaboo with Arnav and Aadijay sitting on Akash's lap as he read him a story.

They tried everything to convince Akash to get to know Aadijay but he refused until Natasha dragged him in it her room and for ten minutes they all stood outside until Akash came out and agreed to know Aadijay but only as his uncle and the reluctantly agreed and Aadijay who never said up to strangers did was up to Akash in the matter of seconds they met.

Amaira saw Khushi and run up to her and she opened her as to catch her but she swerved away from her and run back to Arnav and laughed and so did the others.

"You Lad governor...... Continue playing me and I replace you with another baby. " Khushi threatened but Amaira didn't care and played with Arnav's beard.

Khushi moved closer and picked up Amaira and she looked at her mother curiously.

"Say, mama. "

Amaira looked at her and back to Arnav and again back to Khushi.

"Come on say, mama..... Mama." Khushi said pointing to herself.

Amaira ignored her and reached out to Arnav and he carried her and Khushi rolled her eyes and was walking away when she heard.

"Mama."