Taste of Paradise

Only 25 years old, but Taehyung was convinced that his love life was cursed. The first time he believed he fell in love, he was only 16 years old, but after that, it only spiraled out of control. In the beginning of every blossoming relationship, he had been treated well, but without fail, his relationships turned malicious. Each of his partners had turned against him, picking at every miniscule insecurity that Taehyung could possibly have.

After enough heartbreaks, he decided that love wasn't meant for him. He refused to give in to the prospect of love and focused solely on lust. He had convinced himself that lust was enough. And it was, until he realized that the existence of paradise took form in a man by the name of Jeon Jungkook.

He should have known then that his life would never be the same.

Their lives had crossed paths when Yoongi had decided to do something completely out of his comfort zone by joining the football team. They attended the same university and Yoongi's focus was producing music while Taehyung's focus was expanding his technical skills in painting. They were both settled in the sort of future they wanted, but Yoongi had felt an inexplicable longing for something different.

"Football?" Taehyung had a gentle frown etched in his features when his best friend mentioned the interest. They sat across from each other in their favorite restaurant while they shared dinner together. "Hm, that's different. Kinda hot and I think it would encourage you to be more active—"

"I'm active enough, Tae bear—" Yooni had flicked his arm, and Taehyung beamed sweetly at him. "Not all of us has the stamina of fucking someone new every month—"

"Oh, I'm not that bad and besides unless it's over seven inches—not happening." Taehyung chuckled when Yoongi feigned puking, but they smiled when Jimin rushed toward their table, "About time! Where have you been?" Jimin slid into the booth, pushing Yoongi further down as he smiled warmly at them.

"Guess who got accepted into their first internship!" Jimin could hardly speak through his squeals, and he grinned when his best friends immediately lunged toward him to hug him and congratulate him.

"We're so, so proud of you!" Taehyung cupped his face as he smiled sweetly at him, "Is it the one under Hybe Entertainment? Will you be choreographing under them?" his smile only doubled in size when Jimin excitedly nodded, and they all sat down while they continued to discuss their future plans.

"Wait, you want to join football?" Jimin couldn't hide his laughter and Yoongi appeared offended, so he quickly tickled him to torture him. "I—I'm sorry!" Jimin chuckled and managed to push Yoongi's hands away from him. "It's just that you hardly do anything, but sit behind a computer—"

"Precisely why I really want to do this." Yoongi frowned as he hesitated, "Do you think that I shouldn't?"

"Wait..." Jimin frowned as something hit him suddenly, "That's so weird that you want to join football. When I went to Hybe for my interview, I met someone there that attends the same university, and he's going to the football tryouts too—anyway, his name is Jungkook. If you both get in, I'm sure you would love him!" Jimin smiled as he looked at Yoongi. "You should definitely do it." He encouraged kindly, but Yoongi seemed unsure.

He wasn't exactly fit for football, "I doubt I'd even get in. I can't remember the last time that I even worked out—" Yoongi was spiraling, and Taehyung recognized the self-doubt immediately and he knew he needed to say something. Do something to ease his fear.