Chapter 2 - Books, Books, More Books

"So, aren't the other guys coming round?" I asked.

"Yeah but they were all sleeping when I left so I just left them a note." Zayn said.

"Ah." I said and opened the glass doors to let Zayn into my study. The room was one with a high celing, an AC installed for the summers but a cozy fireplace as well. Books lined the walls, pictures interrupting the shelves at only a few places. The desk had a few paper weights, my typewriter, a stack of paper, a polish bottle thing for a typewriters mistakes and a few stacks of books. The room was comfortably cool, and I spotted my Mac laptop shoved away in a corner. The walls were wooden, including the ground and had arches like in the walls, the study wasn't that big, but it was perfect. There was a door behind my desk, and Zayn pointed to it.

"What's that?" He asked.

"It's a bathroom and a closet." I said.

"Damn you have a typewriter?" He said. "I want one so badly. I can see why you stowed away the Mac. This is a beauty."

"You're the first person to understand. Not even spence and Hannah do. And especially not dad." I said. "Well, let's go to my library."

We walked out of the study, and reached the huge arch shaped wooden doors. I loved the old fashioned institute look of the place. I opened the doors to a well lit huge room, and stepped inside. It also had a wooden high ceiling, and wooden floors and walls. Zayn let out a low whistle as we walked in. The ceiling had ace installed but there were fireplaces everywhere as well, there were sort of small corridors that's walls were bookshelves, like in a library, and at the end of each was a fire place, a nice armchair, a footstool, and a table. In one corner of the room was the food area. There was a huge fridge, that was filled with drinks and water and mrs fields brownies, cookies and muffins, and obviously sugar and milk and stuff for my coffee and random food items like pasta, baking powder, eggs and cheese and stuff that I may need to. Next to that were these food shelves things that were stocked up on all kinds of crips and stuff. Then there was a longish table that had a coffee maker, a microwave, plates, bowls, etc, an oven and a few stoves.

"So this place is like my own apartment. I have everything I need here. I even go grocery shopping for this place and stuff. I can spend the entire day here, because it has everything. Wifi, food, a bathroom, clothes, my study, books. Everything. And please, always, always help yourself. " I said and then there was a ringing. I frowned as I walked over to the intercom and lifted it.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Ailsa, there are some guys here who claim to know you. They're looking for you. They're four of them, covered up in sunglasses and beanies, but one of them is blonde, and one has curly hair." One of the workers said.

"Tell them to hang on by the counter and that spencer will bring them to where I am." I said.

"Okay." She said and I hung up. I called spencer through my phone and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hey spence, where are you?" I asked.

"Just walking in, why?" She said.

"Go to the counter, there should be four guys waiting there." I said.

"Yup there are." She replied.

"Now tell them your name and ask them theirs." I said I heard her make the exchange and the guys replying in their deep voices.

"Okay great, now bring them downstairs to the library." I said.

"WHAT?" She almost yelled.

"Spence, just do it please." I said.

"Damn girl, you changed overnight." She said and I rolled my eyes and hung up.

***

Around five minutes later, the doors opened and the four guys and spencer walked in, the guys taking in their new surroundings and whistling lowly.

"Food!" Niall cried out and ran towards the stack of crisps, pulling like three packets off. He sat down in one of the armchairs and tore open the first one.

"Mate, didn't you just have breakfast?" Liam asked.

"Yur poif baeiq?" Niall said. Louis shot him a disgusted look and reached for a packet of Fonzies, stuffing himself.

***

A few hours later, the boys were getting ready to leave for a meeting with my dad. Hannah and spencer were sprawled onto the couches.

"Zayn, could I borrow you for a second?" I asked.

"Sure." He replied.

"Here. This is for you." I said, handing him the brown package. "I didn't sparkly paper wrap it because I don't like it when people do that for me, so I thought... Maybe... But if you want..." I trailed off.

"It's perfect. Thank you." He said, giving me a hug before saying goodbye.

"Well, see you." I said.

"Definitely." He replied.

***

I smiled to myself as I sat down at my desk, pulling forward my typewriter.

"2/07/2011
Green. Pink. Yellow. The burst of colours in spring is remarkable. Life becomes more vibrant. Trees meet new flowers, like we meet new people. We meet new people everyday in our life, but there are only some that we really take to. There are only some that touch our heart. There are only some that we can relate to, and some that we feel we can trust. There are only some." I wrote, the typewriter making clicking sounds. I looked at the paragraph I had just typed, groaned and took the paper out. I cut it neatly, and then walked into my library, where I saw the cartons lying. There were only two of them, one completely full and the other half so. They weren't that being either, and I picked them both up and took them to my study, where I stacked the half full one on top of the full one and placed the new paper inside.

Zayn's POV

I eagerly untied the string around the brown paper, loving how it was wrapped that way, it just felt so, amazing. The smell of new books excited me, and the brown paper fell away, leaving behind the new heroes of Olympus book, blood of Olympus. I almost squealed and looked around to see all the guys looking at me weirdly.

"It's just a book, bro. Why are you so happy to see it?" Niall asked.

"Just a book? This is not JUST a book. This is a beautiful peace of magic. OHMYGOD I almost couldn't wait for this to come out." I said giddily.

Liam smiled at me and Harry dropped me a wink.

"Get the hint, guys. He's not excited because it's a book, he's excited because AILSA gave him a book." Harry said and fist bumped Louis.

"Shut up,"I muttered breathlessly.

***

Ailsa's POV

OHMYGOD Leo and Calypso OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD. I fangirled, internally as I finished the book and put it in my shelf in my room. My room, my dad wanted it to be all sparkly and purple, but I was like hell no, so it was beautifully kept. The balcony looked over the garden and the outdoor pool, an amazing view in both the summers and the winters. The room had wooden walls and a wooden floor, with a fire place and the entire house was centrally air conditioned, so yeah. The door to the balcony was glass, with sheer plain white curtains on top, giving it a simple, but beautiful look. The bed was chosen by my dad but had to match my room, so it was a fancy white bed with a white wallpaper behind it, with white sheets and all. Next to the bed was a door that lead to the closet and next to that was the door to the bathroom, both which were interconnected as well. One of the corners of the room with the fireplace had a super comfy recliner armchair, which was laced in such a way that I could reach books without getting up. The entire room was like delicate, wooden and white, just how I liked it. There was a dressing table in the closet and in the room, though the room only had a few things on it, like my glasses, a white vase, some white showpieces, and stuff. In one of the drawers were my white fairy lights, which I put up around the room when I felt like it and then took down when I didn't feel it anymore.

***