Chapter 51: Pretend

Start from the beginning

"I had to figure it out, on my own." You whisper.

He steps forward. You stand your ground.

"Let me explain..." he pleads. At his words you crumble. Softening your brows and your harsh glare.

Your hands drop to your side and you allow him to sit on your bed. You stand at the far corner of your room.

"I know I can't come back and pretend as if I didn't-" he paused and looks up at you.

"As if I didn't say what I said." He whispers. Tears welling in his eyes.

"But I never stopped worrying about you." He says. You looked back to him, you gaze softens, more than before. This time they soften in worry.

But without hesitation he stands and strides over to you.

Your eyes widen as he crosses the room and his hands quickly find the back of your neck, pulling you into the deepest kiss you could have imagined.

Your stomach had butterflies. You melted in his touch. As he pulled away, you noticed his ice cold touch was abnormally warm, almost overheating.

You furrowed your brows, taking one of his hands from the nape of your neck and holding it in the palm of yours.

Something wasn't right.

Your concerned eyes trailed back to his.

He looked so lost.

"Tell me everything." You whispered. He shook his head and furrowed his brows. He was saddened.

"You could have gotten killed." He whispered. You watched as sweat dripped from his forehead.

"What did they do to you..." you questioned as you inspected his face, you watched him intensely. He looked miserable.

"It doesn't matter- you're safe..." he whispers as he runs a hand over your cheek, examining you.

"You have to tell me Loki...no more secrets." You say, he nods and searches your eyes.

"I didn't have a choice..." he starts. Your eyes narrow. Your heart aches but your brows furrow in slight anger.

Of course he had a choice.

Everyone always has a choice.

"They we're going to kill you darling- I had no choice." He pleads for you to just listen.

For once he was desperate for you to listen.

"If I didn't go- you would have been next." He replied while a melancholy smile came to his lips.

"They would have taken you- and if they did something to you...Darling-" he paused, brushing a thumb over your cheek.

"I would have lost it all..."

"I couldn't be killed even if I wanted to be." You reassured him. He shook his head.

"You have no idea what he is capable of." He states. Fear grew in his eyes.

"What have they done to you?" Your voice was growing louder. You didn't care who, you were just worried.

He pressed his lips together and pleads once more for you to just listen.

"Everything I've been through- I'd do it again." He says urgently. You shake your head.

"What are you-"

"I won't let them take you from me." He whispered as he ran his hands in your hair.

"Loki, what's going on?" You ask and you tangle your fingers in his hair and your eyes grow with concern.

"I'm always one step ahead, you know this-" he grabs your hand and pulls you out of your room.

"Loki where are we-" he stops and turns to you.

"I know you may not trust me- and you have very right not to-" he stops and looks down in shame.

"But I need you to understand, that I will do everything in my power to make sure you live through this." His words felt sincere, comforting. But alarming.

"I have to go darling-" you went to protest but he speaks over you. "Loki don't you dare-"

"You'll know where to find me..." he whispers with a smile. A few tears form in his eyes as he begins to part ways.

You rush and grab his hand. "Loki-" Turning him back around to face you. "Loki, please..."

"Dont-" you say as he looks away, containing his sadness. "Please don't leave me again..." you plead.

He shakes his head, turning it back to you and holds your face in his hand. "I don't have a choice my love-" a sob catches in your throat as he says this.

"Please- I can't do this again-" you cry, your knees buckle and Loki follows you to the ground as you slide down the wall you were against.

"Y/n, look at me-"

You shake your head and look away.

"Darling look at me." He whispers. "No- no Loki-" he grabs your chin and forces you to look him in the eyes.

"Y/n-" he pleads. Your eyes trail to his.

"Can you pretend?" He asks, worry in his eyes. "Can you fake your loyalty?" He asks urgently. You look to him, tears falling down your cheeks.

Whatever it takes to be with him again.

You nod.

———
A/n: wow, it's gonna get intense everyone, so buckle up. And YAY LOKI IS BACKKKK!

Haha I hope everyone's doing alright and I just want to say thank you to all of my readers! You all mean the world to me🖤