Silence 23:Your Partner

Silence Twenty Three

It was dark and then it was not. I cannot distinguish between nightmare and reality. I'm stuck between both worlds.

I wail, moan and cry. My body went stiff. I don't feel a grip, but it's as if a weight is above me and it was keeping me from moving and resisting the demons in my dreams.

"M-masakit..." I cried.

I felt a force pulling me away from the torment. However, it was apparently not strong enough to battle against the darkness I was in. The pull was now stronger than the first one, and so I slowly surfaced to reality once more.

My throat expanded to take in some air. I breathe heavily.

I jolted awake and I was in Noah's arms. He's sitting on the bed while he held me and tried shaking me awake.

"It's just a dream,"he kissed my forehead while my fists tighten its grip on his shirt.

Tila hinabol ako at may mahabang tinakbo dahil sa paghahabol ng hininga.

"You're here in our room, in my arms," he muttered while I trembled in his arms.

I felt the pain physically. My dream felt real. And they were closer to me than ever. Before , it was just me viewing the scene from a third point of view, like there is a film being flashed in front me. But now, I am the scene's actress. I was in that moment, feeling the pain of every hit of the thick and heavy wood. I felt it on my back, on my thighs and legs.

Noah held my nape and leaned his forehead against me.

"Baby, eyes on me," he commanded calmly.

Nakakahypnotize ang kanyang boses. Na kahit sobrang distracted ako sa nararamdaman ko ay kinaya ko pa rin na tumingin sa kanya.

"Eyes on me and keep your focus on me, alright?" he instructed and I nodded.

I shut my eyes tightly.

"Keep them open," he said. And I did. "Who do you see in front of you, Ysabelle?"

My brows creased. But I tried my best to answer.

"You," I breathed.

"Who am I? What is my name?" he asked again.

"Noah..." I respond. "Noah Spencer Vasquez."

He tucked my hair behind my ear and nodded in approval.

"Who am I to you?" he said, more gentle in my ears now.

I'm losing my focus, so he repeats the question.

"Who am I to you, Ysabelle?"

My heart thumped rapidly that I can't keep up. He linked our hands together. Noah kissed my knuckles.

"Baby," he called patiently.

"T-the man I love," I spoke. "My boyfriend."

Tumango siyang muli.

As I answered his questions, my focus slowly shifted. My hearm calmed down, and my system wasn't so hysterical anymore.

His lips touched my nose.

"Count," he instructed. "Count how many times I'll kiss you. And I want you to tell me the exact number when I stop."

I blinked but agreed anyway.

One, a kiss on my nose. Two on my temples. Three, on my right eye. Four, to my left eye. Five, to my right cheek. Six, to my left cheek. Seven, to my head. Eight, to my forehead. Nine, to my jaw. Ten, to my neck.