01. an invitation to hook up

They were both patients in the same hospital. Although they never saw each other, they had heard various doctors talking about 'the other kid with a similar condition as you'.

The two strangers were brought to a room. Neither knew why they were there or what was going on.

Until a familiar doctor walked into the space, "Hello I'm Doctor Prim. As you may know, your bodies haven't reacted to any treatment given. And the reason I have brought you here is to tell you that we believe we have found a cure for both of your cases."

She paused, as if wanting to build suspense. The two patients just stared at each other with equally confused faces.

"We want you to give each other company starting at stage one of your slumber," the doctor stated in a very professional voice.

The girl rolled her eyes at the adult's words, "So you want us to sleep together. you've got to be kidding."

The other teenager in the room chuckled at her bluntness. Dr. Prim lost her professional tone as she admitted, "I know this is stupid and not proved, but what if you are each other's medicine?"

This silenced their questioning and skeptic thoughts. Getting rid of the disorder was what they longed for. Every shooting star, every 11:11 their wish remained the same; become cured.

"I guess we can try it," were the first words the boy spoke during the entire conversation, "only if there is absolutely no other medication."

The girl glared at him as if he had gone mad.

"There is no way I'm sleeping with him," she demanded and exaggerated a shudder, "if I'm going to sleep with someone at least let it be a hot guy."

She knew the doctors must have no ideas left if sticking two hormonal and sleepless teenagers into a room is what they came up with. For her, this was an invitation to hook up with an extremely average looking boy.

"I'm sorry Ms. Casterwell," Dr. Prim said, "your parents have already agreed to let you begin the treatment."

The girl muttered a couple profanities under her breath as the doctor exited it the room. She stomped her way to a chair while the boy was still in complete shock.

She smirked, "You better get comfortable, it's going to be a long night."