Chapter three.. Detention

"We need to talk."

!! Warning! This chapter contains Br3ak1ng up, and a bit of fi6ht1ng (Not physically, just like an argum3nt.) If you would like to continue reading, I hope you enjoy the chapter! !!

12:29 P.M Thursday, November 15. Drew pov:

"We need to talk."
We both said at the same time. I was surprised, what does she want to talk about? I know for sure what I wanna talk about.

She needs an explaination. I need an explanation.

I opened my mouth to talk, but I heard footsteps... Someone was walking towards us, from the dark.

"W-whos there??" Zoey said, nervously.

"You two..."

"Will you quiet down?! Kids are trying to read in this library, because they need to learn, and you're distracting them! Stop it with your little argum3nt, and- HEY! Don't you ignore me, young kids!!"

It was the librarian. She was kind of rude, but she has alot of power in the school since she's friends with the principal.

"Yes, we're s0rry, miss librarian."
(The author couldn't come up with a name for the librarian so, it's just a librarian for now) We replied, I rolled my eyes out of annoyance. Is it not clear that we need to say something important to each other?! Plus, there's nobody even in the library! Everyone is in class right now-

"Also, aren't you young children supposed to be in class? You know, when I was your age, I was in my classes all the time, and never got detention! I got A+ on every test, and I was always quiet in the library! I never came to school late for ONE day! Speaking of that... Why were you late to school for four days in a row this week, Daniel?" The librarian continued, almost as if she read my mind.

"Uh, my name is Drew, not Daniel."

"Ohh, Drew! I'm the librarian here! Now GET TO DETENTION, YOUNG KIDS!"

Me and Zoey were in detention.

......

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes.

I decided to speak up.
I wanted to be direct, no stuttering or stalling.

"Hey, Zoey.I have a... A question."

"Uhm... Yes..?-"

"Well, look, my friends have said that you've been ch3ating on me, and you had a deal with them not to tell me. I apologize if they're lying but. Zoey, what is going on? You need to explain this, right now."

Zoey pov:

I was speechless.
Shocked, and scared.
He.. he found out.
Wh-why did Jake and his friends.. lie to me?
They said they wouldn't tell Drew if I didn't steal that pink haired devil's diary!!
I.. I started crying. This was technically my fault in his eyes.. h-how do I explain this.. I just can't-

"Zoey?"
He was confused why I was silent.
I'm guessing he's suspicious of me.. I don't blame him.

"Zoey."
He kept calling to me, but I just.. couldn't respond. I tried to speak but.. I was so scared and.. I-I didn't know how to respond-

"Zoey. If you can't answer me, and you don't have an explanation, ....maybe we should br3ak u-"

"WAIT!"
I yelled. I don't want to hear him say that.. n-no.. I-i can explain!! I'll tell him my reasoning, even if it's a moment I've been trying to forget!! I'll do anything to be with him.

"D-drew!! I'm so s-s0rry, I can explain!! S-so.. I-"

"No." He replied. "No, I don't want to hear it we're done. I.. I thought I could trust you."
I could see him slightly tearing up.. if only he could just.. let me finish. . .

"Goodbye."

Author:
Ohhh- another angst chapter.. :D
Okay, I know I said in the previous chapter that the angst would be going away soon-
Next chapter I'll try to put less angst okay pls trust me-

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
Apologies if there were any mistakes, and that this chapter was a little short! Goodbye for now :)

Chapter made on December 20 2021

672 words