Chapter 85: The Spirit Bomb! Goku, Piccolo and Y/N vs Frieza

Y/N POV

I was watching intently as Goku attempted to gather enough energy to fuel his Spirit Bomb. The blue orb continued to float high above everyone, starting out small but slowly getting bigger as more energy was gradually given to it.

Frieza also just stared, I don't think he noticed the growing ball of energy as he just seemed confused as to why Goku had stopped moving and had his arms up in the air.  Piccolo spoke up saying "I've never seen anything like it." I nodded and said "Neither have I, to think King Kai was hiding such a technique up his sleeve, I just hope it works."

Gohan turned and asked "Krillin, do you think it will keep growing?" Krillin replied "I'm not sure. It all depends on Goku's concentration." He also explained how he thought Goku may also be drawing energy from other planets as well which makes sense since I assume Frieza had already wiped the majority of life off this one.

Piccolo also pointed out that Frieza seemed unable to detect the attack before asking "What's taking Goku so long to use it?" Krillin replied "Probably because Goku doesn't think it'll be big enough to defeat Frieza."

Speaking of Frieza, I could tell he was growing impatient with everything as he asked "What do you think you're doing? Watering your garden? An interesting way of spending your last few minutes before I annihilate you."

Goku didn't answer, instead he continued to focus purely on gathering enough energy for the Spirit Bomb to be strong enough. This continued for some time before Frieza spoke up once again in an increasingly agitated tone. "When are you going to quit stalling, my patience is growing thin."

Eventually, his patience did run out and he attacked, landing a knee that hit Goku square in the face! He fell back however as soon as he stood back up, his hands were once again raised so he could gather more energy.

He began chuckling as Frieza floated forward and landed a quick chop to his face that made him stagger followed by a barrage of punches and kicks. Despite the beating, Goku kept his hands raised up to keep getting more energy.

Even after all that, as soon as Goku was back on his feet his hands were in the air. This only served to enrage Frieza more as he let out a growl and rushed forward throwing even more punches, hitting Goku head-on.

Piccolo then spoke up again "Gohan, Krillin Y/N. We need to surrender our powers to Goku, give me your hands." Gohan and Krillin did it willingly however I instead remained motionless staring at them for a moment.

Piccolo ordered "Y/N, come on! We don't have much time left!" I sighed and placed my hand on his to give a small fraction of my energy, so that I still had enough to fight with. I then turned my attention back to Goku only to see Frieza fire a blast at him that launched him into the water. He soon began climbing out however Frieza was right there.

He said something that was initially too quiet to hear however I did make out him saying "Super Saiyan, don't make me laugh!" Before he raised his finger and a purple orb emerged on his fingertip.

Before he could fire though, he noticed something, the reflection of the Spirit Bomb in the water. He exclaimed in shock "What is that up there?!" It was at this point Piccolo also ordered "He knows about Goku's attack. Gohan, Krillin, you stay put and don't move! I've got some unfinished business to take care of!"

I retracted my hand and said "I'm coming with you. It seems our idea of 'business' is a shared one."  We both nodded before flying off the mountain and toward Frieza, Piccolo went in for a kick while I lanced out with my tail.

We both hit him and were able to knock him back. Goku looked at us and exclaimed "Piccolo? Y/N?" Piccolo replied "Goku, you must hurry and finish collecting energy for your attack." I added "We'll buy you some time until then."