CHAPTER 2

For a few days, this continued, one day when Ahaan woke up, he had a severe headache, so he immediately took his medicine and went downstairs. When he went downstairs, he saw Veer cooking in the kitchen. He immediately went there and said,
A: Dad, you go, I'll cook.
V: There's no need, just start going to the office, that will be the biggest help.
A: Why are you talking like this? As if I caused Mom's accident...
V: Should I sing your praises then? You've become a burden now!!! How long will you enjoy life on your father's money? Learn to earn yourself.
Ahaan just listened quietly with tears in his eyes, he missed Savitri a lot, he wanted to rest his head in her lap and fall asleep like they used to do before that incident. Ahaan left without eating, with just one line echoing in his ears, "You've become a burden now!!!"
Ahaan, crying to himself: I don't want to be a burden on anyone 🥺 I want to go to Mom.
Ahaan got on his bike and headed towards the hospital. As soon as he reached the hospital, he immediately went to Savitri's ward and started crying. He had become completely alone, he needed to share his pain with someone, he wanted to talk to someone, that's when Kartik came to his mind, and he called him.
A: Hello Kartik! Where are you?
K: I'm in Mumbai now, tell me.
A: When did you reach Mumbai from Delhi? We just talked yesterday, how did you reach so quickly?
K: Well, I found out yesterday that the Mumbai clients are going abroad for a month, so I immediately fixed a meeting and came here. Tell me, do you have any work?
A: I did, but you leave, I will manage.
K: What's wrong, tell me.
A: I feel alone, I feel like I'm not worthy of anything, I don't deserve anything, I don't want to share my pain with anyone, I keep crying.
K: Ahaan, relax, it's not like that, you can do everything others can, and you deserve all the happiness, okay? Now tell me, where is the card I gave you yesterday?
A: It's in my pocket.
K: Take out that card from your pocket, fix it, and if uncle says anything, let me know, okay? Now go, fix an appointment and meet me. I'm very busy now, so I won't be able to listen to your problems many times, and talk to Sneha's friend, you will feel better.
A: Umm... okay.
K: That's settled, now quickly fix the evening appointment.
A: Okay, bye.
Ahaan hung up the phone and started looking at the card, thinking, "What will Dad say? If he finds out, he will scold me a lot. I should just not tell him, that's better." Ahaan immediately fixed an appointment on his phone for 4:30 in the evening. It was only 2:54, and he wanted to talk to Savitri about what Veer had said and how much he wished she wasn't in a coma.
After a while, a nurse came and said,
Nurse: Sir, visiting hours are over, you can come see her at 8 pm.
A: Okay 🥲
And Ahaan left, wandering around aimlessly.
(Since there hasn't been a single line of love in this book so far, here you go!)
Ishqi was just having lunch when she received a notification on her phone about a new appointment, so she immediately opened it to read about it.
(Everyone must have understood who she was reading about, but if not, Ishqi was reading about Ahaan, the person she was reading about was AVM.)
Ishqi to herself: Well, Ishita's made app came in handy, who is this...
Ishqi started reading all the information about Ahaan.
I: Hmm, Ahaan Veer Malhotra... Wait a minute! He's Veer Malhotra's son! His life should be fine, so why is he depressed? Forget it, he'll be here soon, I'll find out then.
In the meantime, I'll play a game.
Ishqi started playing games on her phone, and then Sneha called.
Sne: Hey Ishu, what's up?
I: Nothing, just waiting for another patient, what about you, how come you called?
Sne: I called to tell you that one of Kartik's friends is coming to you, he is depressed, help him get out of depression.
I: What's his name?
Sne: Ahaan Veer Malhotra.
I: Oh, so you know him... I just got a notification about him.
Sne: Yeah, I've met him a couple of times, he's a nice guy, get to know him.
I: Are you crazy, with your patient? I know anything can happen, but I'm not thinking about all this right now, love will happen when it happens.
Sne: Okay, my mom understood, what were you doing before you called me?
I: I was playing a game as usual.
Sne: I knew it, he'll be here in 15 minutes, bye.
I: Okay, bye.
Ishqi put her phone away and started working on her computer.
With Ahaan,
Ahaan was eagerly waiting for 4:30 because he wanted to share everything with Ishqi, even though they had never met before, he felt like he knew her. To distract himself, he went to the nearby golgappa stall and ordered a plate of golgappas, waiting and saying,
A: Brother, make it a bit spicy.
GGW: Sure, here you go.
A: Thanks, how much is it?
GGW: 25 rupees.
A: Here you go.
Ahaan paid him, ate golgappas, and 15 minutes passed like this. He was standing near her clinic, and as soon as it was 4:30, he knocked on the door, and a voice from inside said,
I: Come in...
Ahaan opened the door slowly and entered quietly.
Ishqi was working on her computer, and as soon as she saw Ahaan, she stood up and said,
I: Oh, you're here, please have a seat.
A: Umm, yeah.
Ishqi also sat on her sofa and said,
I: Hi!
A: Hi, feeling shy as he was a bit introverted.
I: Please don't be scared of me or shy, I won't eat you, so relax, consider me your friend like you consider kartik.
A: How do you know that I am Kartik's friend?
I: Oh, Sneha called me, so I found out anyway.
Extending her hand,
I: Friends?
Ahaan also took her hand and said friends, but when he held Ishqi's hand, his heart started beating fast, it felt strange to Ahaan, but he ignored it.
I: Okay, so I will ask you some questions, and you have to answer them all.
A: Okay.
I: First, tell me...
Thank you for reading this chapter! See you tomorrow!
Word count: 1120
Peace out