Chapter 32

Day 9: Aldenham ,United Kingdom, Aldenham Independent Boarding School, Girls Dormitory, Room 206 7:30 AM

“Shit.”

Nova was late for her classes. Again.

She scrambled out of bed, these late nights on the computer were starting to get to her.

“Where’s my uniform where’s my uniform...where’s my- ...Oh screw it.”

She went into Laylah’s closet and took plaid skirt and button up set. Laylah was a bit taller than her so the skirt was a couple centimeters too long but it didn’t matter. Besides, Nova figured Laylah wouldn’t mind….as long as she didn’t know.

She had spent all night thinking about what Fox’s decision was. Would she join them in Project Amnesia. Or would she pussy out.

Redhead better not pussy out.

Nova shoved her laptop in her backpack and strolled out on the way to class taking her sweet time.

I’m not late, everyone else is simply early.

When she finally made it to class, she was greeted by a sarcastic smile from her Programming teacher Mr.Causer, also known as the best teacher in the universe. Nova could easily say she hated everything in this school, everything but Mr.Causer. His snarky nature and technologically literate brain was music to her ears. It had barely been over a week in this school and Mr.Causer was already her favorite teacher. Practically everything out of his mouth was some kind of smart ass comment, and she loved it.

“Morning Ms.Ackerman, late again I see. And it seems you’ve shrunken as well.”

He glanced at Nova’s oversized clothes.

“Yes of course Mr.Causer, I’ve been losing weight you see...you on the other hand...you might want to lay off the chocolate logs.”

Mr.Causer rolled his eyes.

Nova grinned.

“Take a seat Ms.Ackerman”

Nova gladly did so moving to what was becoming her usual seat. Except for one problem.

Someone was already sitting there.

“Uuuum, hey kid this is where I usually sit.”

“Oh um gee I-I’m s-sorry I didn’t know.”

The guy must have been at least six foot two inches...and then some. Despite his height his voice was a quiet mumble. His white uniform shirt was slightly wrinkled and his pants a little crinkled. It was pathetic...it was cute.

He awkwardly gathered up his belongings to move somewhere else.

“No no it’s fine you can stay I’ll just sit here”

Nova allowed him to sit back down as she took a seat beside him. Maybe it was the fact that for once she met someone more socially awkward than her; but for some reason she found that she could be more comfortable around him. Even if she didn’t even know his name yet.

“Who are you anyway?”

He mumbled something.

“I’m Sorry what?”

“U-Um...I’m Lump…”

“Lump?”

Nova struggled to suppress her laughter.

“Your name...is Lump?!”

“N-no! My name is...it’s um...I-I’m Lucas…”

“Oh alright, well I’m Nova”

“H-hello…”

“So uh, how come I’ve never seen you before and what is that beautiful specimen on your desk?”

Nova checked out the shiny Laptop that sat proudly on his desk like a schoolgirl checked out passing by boys at the beach. The keyboard illuminated in thirds, one third glowed red, while the middle glowed green, and the final third glowed blue. It’s screen size and dimension was incredible and just by listening to the cooling fans she could tell that laptop had a processor like an oxe.    

“Oh uh it’s a MSI GT70 Dominator Pro”

“What?! Those cost like...3400 pounds at least! Where did you get the money to get that?!”

“O-oh um my parents bought it for me before I got here”

Nova was dumbfounded. Her parents hated seeing Nova hacking, it was already a stretch for them to let her add this programming class to her schedule. Yet here sat this kid who’s parents not only allowed him to enroll into a programming class, but also got him a brand spanking new laptop while they were at it.

If that wasn’t rich, Nova didn't know what was.

“Wow...you lucky son of a gun…”

“O-oh it’s not that big of a deal I-I guess.”

Lucas flashed a sheepish smile.

“Yeah yeah cut the bull crap.”

Lucas shivered.

“O-oh um s-sorry.”

“Hey hey I was joking.”

“Huh? Oh! Right I’m sorry.”

“You dont have to apologize mate it’s quite alright.”

“Right S-sorry...erk sorry!”

Nova chuckled, he was interesting.

They both worked on their assignments, Nova on her run down El-Cheapo laptop and Lucas on his gorgeous MSI GT70 Dominator Pro which as far as Nova was concerned, his laptop could dominate her anyday.

…Programming fetishes…

The bell rang signifying the end of her precious programming class

“Hey Lump, you got a cellphone number?”

He had to have had one...probably on his super expensive cell phone that could complete cellular division in a matter of seconds using an app pre installed into hardware. …Gawd that sounds glorious.

…Programming fetishes…

Lucas shyly put his hands in his pocket.

“Y-yes I do.”

They exchanged numbers and went on their separate paths, to their classes. Then it occurred to her…

What was Shadow's phone number...did Shadow even have a phone?