CH.13: Tricks and loops

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my jeans' pocket and that had me almost bounce on my seat. The girl sitting beside me glanced at me with a sweet smile and then giggled. I quickly smiled back and then looked away, because, well sorry, I wasn't interested, even though she was really pretty and nice looking, always being friendly to me.

I checked my phone and it was a message from Travis, which immediately spread good mood in me.

"Hey cutie, do you feel like skipping the next class? I have one hour free."

I rolled my eyes at the "cutie", but I was almost getting used to that. Well, almost. I considered the idea and why not? Next class I had was mathematic and I had already rather good grades and the professor was somehow old, treating us all like his grandchildren, never getting mad once unless someone was rude or disrespectful, with such thick glasses that I had an idea he wouldn't even notice if someone was missing or not. Also, I remembered he never called presences either.

"Sure thing!" I typed at once, smiling at the idea.

"Fantastic, lets meet at the library, OK? xox"

"OK, later! xx"

When the bell rang, I literally sprang out of the class, not wanting to waste even a second. Travis asked me to skip class and it was very unusual for him, thus I imagined he clearly wanted to talk to me alone and that wasn't going to happen at lunch. Oh boy, lunch. Ugh...the idea hit me then like a huge Star-destroyer and I gulped down, slowing my pace for a moment. Would he be there? Sure thing he would be there and what was I going to do about that? Nothing. Simply calm down Jasper think that you were with Travis, that nothing was going to happen, nothing. I gulped and swallowed down really hard. I-I had to talk to him about this, because my friend had to know about him and what happened.

I spotted my best friend – yes, I could finally say I had one here in school and how lucky I had been to find someone special like Travis – leaning against the side of the library's door, checking his phone, and his white hair cascaded on his forehead, one leg crossed over the other, black nail polish, a mesmerizing aura around him. Oh boy, how could someone be so gorgeous and handsome? He looked up and saw me, and at once a huge smile lit up his deep black eyes and I zoned out for a second right there. He had that spellbinding and captivating effect on me and, no doubts, on pretty much everyone else.

Hadn't the scary and dangerous Aleksandr spoken to him closely, his eyes set on his face and staring intently, as if feeling a pull toward Travis? Yeah, he did, I think. That other very handsome guy, River, had a similar effect, but I still felt too nervous around him to realize how amazingly attractive he was.

"Jasper," Travis called immediately, taking two steps towards me with his usual cat-like and elegant way of walking. He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back, giggling at that, feeling my cheeks getting warm and red. When he pulled back, his hand ruffled my hair and his lips left a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Let's go to the library and find a very good spot, so nobody will bother us, and we will be able to talk as much as we wish," he said as he opened the door and I followed him. We found a very good table that was in a silent and quite remote corner of the library, far from the main area and from the door or the desk. We sat there and I fire out many questions in one go, making him chuckle.

"Travis, what happened yesterday? Did that Collins give you problems? And why didn't you call me yesterday and why did you arrive with Aleksandr today and..." I stopped, seeing his expression and the way his lips tilted up, his chin resting on the back of his hands crossed together. "Uhm, sorry, too many questions, right?" He shook his head and smiled.

"Nonsense, Jas, you can ask all the questions you want, and you know that," he reassured me, quickly caressing my cheek and I melted at the sweetness and affection that simple gesture carried. "We are friends, aren't we?"