I frowned when he squeezed his eyes shut, resting his head back. I leaned over and held his cheek, kissing it. Lucian opened his eyes and turned to look at me and only then did I realize how terrible he looked; large eye bags, red eyes, messy hair... he looked like he was a zombie.

"What matters now is that this is finally over," I replied softly, getting back in my seat. I shivered under the blankets and Lucian didn't hesitate to start the car up. Heat blasted against my freezing body. "How long was I gone?"

"About four days." We drove off, farther and farther from the house, and my body felt like a weight was lifted from it. I could finally relax. "I would have gone crazy looking for you had it not been for the necklace."

"The... necklace?" My eyebrows pushed together and I moved my hand to my empty neck. I frowned at the thought of never finding the necklace after it was taken from me. "You put a tracker on me, didn't you?"

"I had to make sure that if Kian ever did manage to get to you, I'd make sure I had a way to get you."

I opened my mouth to immediately snap something but it diminished the second I breathed in. I thought over what he said, then smiled.

"I get it," I said, turning my body so I could rest my head on his shoulder. "I would have done the same."

Lucian grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. "I'm just glad you're okay, alive and with me."

I looked at his hands and smiled widely when dangling in his hand was the necklace. I went to take it but Lucian pulled it back last second, pulling the car to the side of the abandoned road and gesturing with his finger for me to turn around. I did so immediately and lifted my hair to the side, feeling the metal against my neck as he put it on me. I held it in my hand and sighed with relief.

"Poor Ren couldn't stop crying after you were taken," Lucian told me with a slight smile. "All of the guys have been blaming themselves for not being close enough to you when everything happened."

I frowned. "Are they all okay?"

"They're fine. Xavier was there to give them a lecture." Lucian made a left and started picking up speed on the road. "The next town over has a few diners. We need to get something in that stomach of yours."

***

Once we got back home after a long ten-hour drive, I slept. I don't know how long I slept but I do know that when I woke up the sun was just starting to come down. That's a plus in my eyes since it's not completely dark.

I rolled around in the bed, stretching my arm out and looking for Lucian. He chuckled quietly and I pulled myself to him when he was within reach. I rested my head on his lap, closing my eyes again.

"This is the most you've moved in twenty hours," Lucian mused.

"Well I—twenty hours? I've been asleep for that long?"

Lucian hummed, nodding. "Hungry?"

I nodded, stretching.

"There's breaded chicken and potatoes beside you," he said. "It's still warm since I made it not long ago."

I sat up and stretched. When I blew into my hand, my eyes squeezed shut and I held back a gag. Horrendous.