"She'll come around." Was all Tommy could say.

With a weak smile, Rose nods. Inhaling deeply, she puts both her hands on his chest.

"I love you." Rose whispers, looking into the sapphire eyes that forever held her heart captive.

Tommy places his hand on her stomach, silence clouds the stables for a while, as well as the fog coming in from outside. A train whistles in the distance, a horse neighs, it was raining now.

"I love you both." He finally responds, his voice so quiet that Rose didn't even hear him.

"Did you speak to the reverend father? Can he marry us at St George's?"

"I did. It's happening."

Rose let's out a happy sigh of relief, immediately she presses her lips against his, kissing him.

What Tommy really meant was, he got Arthur and John to pay him a visit and practically bully the reverend into marrying them. It was ironic for Tommy to get married in the house of God, and the reverend knew that.

"Go with your aunt and pick out a pretty dress, okay? Maybe something white." He lights the cigarette in his hand. "You can take out as much as you need from the family fund."

"Renie's stubborn, she might not come."

"Then let Polly take you or Ada."

"Polly isn't talking to anyone after your meeting with her." Rose takes his cigarette, smoking it too.

"Well, she'll have to talk to one of us soon because the wedding is in a couple days."

Rose freezes and locks eyes with him, his words were still repeating in her head. "A couple days?"

"I've already got Lizzie to send the invites. We need to get married fast."

And Tommy meant fast. There was danger. If anything were to happen to him, he needed Rose in legal possession of certain belongings and funds. He needed to know she'd be secure. But not only that, he wanted to at least see her, the girl he loved, walk up to that alter with flowers in her hands.

•••

Tommy pours himself another drink, staring at the picture of Rose on his desk. His office was silent, dim and empty. Now, he was just left with his thoughts, a dangerous and confronting thing.

Yesterday, Inspector James had given Tommy a mission, one encouraged by Winston Churchill himself. A mission also supported by the two Irish people that blew up The Garrison.

They all wanted him to kill Feild Marshal Russell. They had dirt on him they could use if he refused to do so. Tommy could hang.

Russell's assassination would be a political move and a mission carried under The Crown. Russell was suspicious and plotting against the government.

Inspector James had promised Tommy complete protection whilst carrying out the murder but, Tommy didn't trust him or his word.

"You're still here." Lizzie says, waking Tommy up from his ponder as she enters.