Seeking Answers

"Left?..."...Anokhi's face dropped so low in disappointment.

She ran her eyes across his name board one last time.She breathed in and out to calm her racing heart down.

"No, I can't live with this suffocation any longer."

She stopped the peon who was leaving.

"I...i just..."...she gulped in.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Shau..."....she stammered.

"Shaurya sir?"...he enquired.

She squeezed her eyes shut and looked straight to meet his eyes.

"Yes!Can I get his address?"

The peon stared at her for a moment as if trying to process her words.

"Aap mujhse address maang Raha Hain?"...he asked pointing his finger at himself ,surprised.

"Haan...Kyu?"

After staring at her for a moment or so, he shrugged off his thoughts and went straight inside.

He came back in a minute.

"May be this could help you ma'am..."...he said extending a card.

She took it from him and ran out.Her heart pounded hard as she waited for the cab to arrive.

She wiped off some rolling sweat beads from her forehead and had an 'unusually curious' first glance at the card.

"I don't know where I am taking this to.Why the hell am I feeling so restless."

"Anokhi you really wanna do this.Think before you act.You are going to meet your professor at his house.A person whom you barely know!"

"No ...no no..."...She screamed standing on the footpath.

She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to calm herself down.

"There is something that iam missing.Its not true that I don't know him.May be we knew each other before my accident happened.What if it's my fault that I am not remembering him."

"Excuse ma'am!"....a man snapped his fingers before Anokhi.

"Shall we leave?"

Anokhi's eyes fell on the cab driver who was peeking out of the cab window waiting for her response.

Anokhi didn't say a yes or no but quickly opened the door and extended the card to the driver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahhhh..."...Shaurya screamed at the top of his lungs and threw a vase up in the air.

"Why ... why the hell things can't be normal between us?"

The vase broke in to a million pieces.

He stared on the broken glass pieces without any particular expression.After a minute a sarcastic smile sprouted on his lips.

"Not comparable with the number of pieces my heart has broken in to!"

He removed his coat and slipped down to the floor, with the bed supporting his back.
He slowly grazed his tired eyes across the floor disinterested.

Shaurya carefully took a glass piece and observed it closely.His reflection on it irritated him for some unknown reason.In a blink of an eye his grip tightened around it.He squeezed the portion of glass making blood drip down from his palm to his arm which slowly started to settle on the white marbled floor drop by drop.