Introduction

(THIRD PERSONS POV)

Year 2021

"hmmm, hmmm" Josefa started humming when she heared the next song. And began to sing along. "hmmm, hmmm, hmmm"

~Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were~

Josefa was dressing up. She was listening to Barbra Streisand 1974 song entitled The Way We Were.

~-Of the smiles we left behind~

The song reminded her of her first love. She's happy to hear the song and made reminisce the old times.

~For the way we were~

"Honey we're gonna be late" her husband reminded her to hurry up

~Can it be that it was all so simple then~

"okay, just wait a second" she shouted as a reply

~Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we?
Could we?~

"Mom, bilisan mo. Mahuhuli na tayo sa flight" Matthew also knocked on the door and told her mom.

~Memories
May be beautiful and yet

"Mom, youre listening to that old sad song. AGAIN" Matthew jokingly protested

~What's too painful to remember
We simply to choose to forget~

Josefa just felt to listen to the song and ignored the people outside the room. She maxed the volume of her speaker so that she could properly listen to the song.

~we will remember~

Then suddenly the music stopped, she turned around and saw her husband was near the speaker. He turned off the music to get Josefa's attention

"You remember, again" her husband looked at her worriedly. He walked towards Josefa and caressed her face "I can see na namimiss mo siya, but at some point you have to move forward and practice on forgetting h-"

"I can never forget and I will always remember" Josefa interupted and put a smile on her face even thought her eyes speaks pain. "You know I love you, I just cant stop thinking about the past"

Her husband went closer to hug her.

"Its okay I understand, I love you too" her husband comforted her. "Now lets go, malayo layo pa biyahe natin"

Josefa wiped her tears and started walking out of their room with her luggages. Matthew helped her with the luggages as well, tatlo ang luggage na dala nila.

Pupunta sila sa LA para doon na magcelebrate ng Christmas at New Year with the family. Nandun na sina Imelda, Borgy, and Cara sa residence nina Irene. Michael would follow after his client's court case hearing.

"Hon, medyo matagal tagal pa naman ang biyahe dahil sa heavy traffic." saad ng asawa niya "matulog kana muna okay?..."

"oo nga mom, pahinga kana muna" Matthew added.

Since nadrain si Josefa kakaisip sa past, nakinig siya sa payo ng mga kasama niya na matulog nalang muna.

Josefa was fast asleep, and started to dream about her past.