I hung up as quickly as possible and slammed the phone back on the hook. I formed my hand into a fist and slammed on the phone booth, feeling everything enter my body as I did so. I knew she'd believe me, you believe anything when you're worried. She's worried for me.

I am too.

I quickly wiped the tears under my eyes and dug into the pocket of my sweatshirt. I pulled out my last dime and shoved it into the phone. I dialed the last number and held the phone to my ear. It rang a few times, then eventually she answered.

"Do you know how late it is? Who is this?" Natalie's sassy voice spoke through the phone.

"Nat?" I asked quietly through the phone. I didn't have the energy to react snarkily.

"Kennedy? Omg Kennedy! Are you okay? Where are you? Xavier told us there was a shooting at your safe house. Are you safe? Where's Harry?" Natalie rapidly fired questions at me.

"I'm okay, I guess." I sniffled.

"Where are you?" Natalie asked again.

"Las Vegas. Listen, I need you to do something for me." I wrapped my hand around the phone line and sighed.

"What is it K?" Natalie asked.

"I need you and Niall to meet me at my apartment in the morning. There won't be anyone there because they're all going to New York. I'll explain everything in the morning, okay?" I said and didn't even give her time to respond before I hung up on her.

I immediately escaped the booth, taking a long breath of fresh air. It felt like it had been days since nice clean oxygen had entered my body. I forgot how to breathe normally for a second.

And with that, I went back to walking. My feet felt like bricks as I walked down the empty sidewalk. I allowed myself to be alone with my thoughts. The dangerous ones that tell me to stand in the middle of traffic and don't move. Just stand there and let fate decide if I live or die.

Or the thought of Harry waking up in his hospital room, alone. No one there to tell him he's safe or to protect him. I could feel Harry's heart break when he realized I was gone.

But if that nurse is nice, she'll give him my note.

I turned the corner and walked slower than before. Only because it was my block. The street was empty, like all the streets prior. Not a single car was parked on the street, nor a single one driving.

I looked up at my apartment building, the place that used to be the safest place in the world. Now, I could be walking into my death. But it didn't scare me. Not as much as Harry hating me for leaving him for the rest of my life.

I listened to the sound of my small converse shuffling against the concrete as my tears dried to my skin. My hair stuck to the back of my neck as the temperature slowly started to rise as we began to approach sunrise.

Eventually after slowing my pace to one step per millisecond, I arrived at my apartment building. I walked right in, not even bothering to brace myself for what I could walk into. I was ready for whatever.

I walked slowly up the broken stairs of the ancient building, kind of forgetting what this place looked like. It's been awhile since I've been allowed back here. It feels so unfamiliar.

I reached my floor and glanced towards my apartment door. It was filled with tiny holes. Bullet holes. I can't say I'm surprised. If they took me down, Leonardo's life would have been satisfied.

I stumbled towards the door and placed my hand on the door knob. It was cold and covered in dents. If only they knew that the locks were easily picked. I shrugged and opened the door.