Part 29 - Danger

~Korean dialogue will be labeled *K*~

Title Track: Danger by BTS

*******

*K* "Well ... Roxy and I went out last night for the first time on our vacation."

*K* "How long are you two here for?"

*K* "Three weeks."

He asked about our schedule before Friday night, and I told him everything I could recall. Then the topic went back to Gianni's.

*K* "How did you decide what bar to go to?"

*K* "We were going to take turns deciding and this one was my choice. I was looking around for places and I saw that it was smaller, less wild than others but still had a DJ and a dance floor so for me ... the idea was perfect."

*K* "You don't like big crowds?"

*K* "Not particularly but that wasn't the issue I just knew Roxy's pick would be a crazy club where things are chaotic and stuff .... So I wanted to take it easy at first."

*K* "And how did you feel seeing the crowd that formed towards the end of the night?"

*K* "I definitely was overwhelmed."

*K* "Yeah, did it make you angry?"

This question made me feel odd. He was acting like a therapist.

*K* "No." I said.

*K* "Alright, so tell me what happened when you arrived."

I relayed everything that occurred when we got there, minus Hyunjin. I didn't think he was important to the story until later on.

I found myself beginning to switch to English out of stress and anxiety and he would respond with the same. I managed to tell him all of it. I broke down a few times and he offered me tissues.

He seemed stunned by the things I was saying, and I was now completely certain my story wasn't the reason he was here.

"The man who saved you ... what was his name?"

"Hyunjin."

"No last name?"

"No. I didn't get anyone's last name that I met last night."

"And ... what did you two do after all of that?"

"We stayed for a bit and talked in the VIP section. Then we left when that girl came back."

"You didn't call the police?"

I shook my head. "I was really nervous. I didn't want to make a scene."

"Alright, well besides that horrendous story about the hallway, your version of events line up perfectly with Roxy's testimony."

"I don't want her to know about this"

"Why not?"

"I don't really have to have a reason, do I?" I scoffed a little. "It doesn't affect her, she doesn't need to know, it's embarrassing, humiliating, irritating ... shall I go on?"

He just nodded and dropped it.

"So ... that's not what this is about?" I finally asked.

"No." He hesitated. "There was a murder committed last night at Gianni's."

My jaw dropped.